Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see how many people are getting a Mach-E because it is under the Mustang brand.

As for me, that is the only reason I'm getting one. My original plan was to wait for the F-150 BEV. I think it will be cool to say I bought one of the first Mustang BEVs. I know purist are crying about this being called a Mustang. I just see it as another model in the Mustang stable. At the moment I own a 2017 Roush P-51 Mustang and have no problem parking my Mach-E (GT) next to it when it arrives. I live in Texas so plans are to keep the Mach-E until the F-150s come out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purists must accept that the Mustang they love uses a gasoline engine which will soon be a thing of the past. Ford is genius to use the romance of the Mustang name to launch an electric car for the future. And it has to be four-door with a hatchback because that is the ideal configuration. However Ford is making one big mistake. I reserved a White GT and it only comes with a black interior. I will just have to suck it up and accept it. Now if they were to add a tan option before intro then I would be very, very happy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Purists must accept that the Mustang they love uses a gasoline engine which will soon be a thing of the past. Ford is genius to use the romance of the Mustang name to launch an electric car for the future. And it has to be four-door with a hatchback because that is the ideal configuration. However Ford is making one big mistake. I reserved a White GT and it only comes with a black interior. I will just have to suck it up and accept it. Now if they were to add a tan option before intro then I would be very, very happy.
My impression from the purists, is they aren't upset its electric, but upset that it's a cross-over. I would never buy a traditional Mustang because I would never buy a sedan, let alone a 2-door one.

Just curious to see how many people are getting a Mach-E because it is under the Mustang brand.
If the car was identical in range, body style, etc. but not called a Mustang, I would probably still get it. The fact that it is a Mustang is icing on the cake and makes me that much happier. Plus maybe it will help me get the "chicks".😉

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
75 Posts
My first car was a 1966 Mustang GT HPO and I loved it. The biggest reason I am considering the MachE is that it is a Mustang. I have no problem with it being an EV - I want my next car to be a BEV.

My real concern is first year of production: the roll out of the new Ford Explorer has been a disaster: three recalls in the first 5 months. If the fit, finish and ride of the MachE are not up to standards, I will get a Tesla Model Y.

But for now my first choice is the First Edition Mustang: but I agree with Bob G, I wish there was lighter color for seating: black makes the interior look so small and it is hot in the summer!

·
Registered
92 Posts
My first car was a 1966 Mustang GT HPO and I loved it. The biggest reason I am considering the MachE is that it is a Mustang. I have no problem with it being an EV - I want my next car to be a BEV.

My real concern is first year of production: the roll out of the new Ford Explorer has been a disaster: three recalls in the first 5 months. If the fit, finish and ride of the MachE are not up to standards, I will get a Tesla Model Y.

But for now my first choice is the First Edition Mustang: but I agree with Bob G, I wish there was lighter color for seating: black makes the interior look so small and it is hot in the summer!
The Chicago plant situation was unique. Some more discussion: How Ford is Planning For a Smooth Mach-E Launch

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
75 Posts
Thanks. Let's us hope that "start small" works! I really want the First Edition to be everything I am hoping for and then some!

·
Super Moderator
341 Posts
I chose the Mach-e because its the first competitive EV that I find exciting in my price range (although i wish it were a bit more affordable for wider adaptation).
  • visually appealing, inside and out.
  • range and charging rates are competitive.
  • build quality, ride and handling will most likely be better than ‘that other car’.
  • overall controls are familiar and simple, therefore more easily adapted by traditional ICE owners.
  • I can drive the Mach e and never have to use the center screen except for radio and climate controls. And the software stays true to its mission, no ‘farting’ or unnecessary built-in video games.
If it was called the eFusion i would still be interested (as a current Fusion Hybrid owner). That it is called a Mustang is a nice bonus!

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
329 Posts
No, I'm buying a Mustang Mach E because it IS a Mustang.

Just calling it a Mustang doesn't make it a Mustang. I remember when the Mustang II came out. What a joke! A 4-banger Ford Pinto with a new body. And for all those who dis the Mach E because it's a hatchback, let's not forget the Fox body hatchbacks.

In the interviews, especially the film Making the Mustang Mach E, it is made clear the Mustang team feels this IS a Mustang. Ford has brought the Mustang attitude to a CUV just like they brought it to a sports coupe in 1965.

I drive a Leaf and don't plan to ever buy a non-BEV. I'm awaiting the F-150 BEV and its competitors (especially Rivian) to decide what will replace my Tacoma Quad Cab. The Leaf does OK but the ~100 mile nominal range is rather limiting. I've been watching Ford as they said they were coming out with a BEV and early on said it would be an all-electric Escape. That had potential. In the meantime the Kona BEV came out and I was sold but not ready to buy. Then the word came out Ford changed their mind and their first BEV steed out of the stable would be an all electric Mustang, I was sold on the concept. When that would be a CUV with 4 doors and a lift-back, I was hooked.

·
Registered
294 Posts
No, but I like the fact that it is a mustang - although I would prefer it to be a coupe instead of crossover (it is NOT an SUV). Right after getting my current mustang I switched jobs and picked up a 100 mile commute. Fortunately I am able to work from home 2 days a week, but I still burn a lot of gas and I don't want to continue doing so. I had always intended to get a BEV as soon as my current car is paid off next February (I plan to keep my convertible for fun), and was set on a Tesla model 3. At first I didn't like the idea of a mustang crossover, but after getting over the initial "shock" and learning more I placed my reservation the following week. After researching it and seeing it more, I decided it will represent the brand very well - certainly better than my 1st mustang (1987 4 cylinder).

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback / 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD SR
24 Posts
I was considering the Model 3 but didn't like the interior. When the Mach E was announce I find it way better looking than the Model 3. I still think this is not an SUV but rater a crossover. When I talk to people I just call it the Mach E or Maki like the sushi

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
329 Posts
I was considering the Model 3 but didn't like the interior. When the Mach E was announce I find it way better looking than the Model 3. I still think this is not an SUV but rater a crossover. When I talk to people I just call it the Mach E or Maki like the sushi
Hey, new suggestions for the license plate thread: SUSHI, PONYFISH

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Ford has a lot riding on the EVs lets hope that they get it right. The name would only matter if they change it to EDSEL E.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts