1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have one ready to pick up at the DMV but I don't need it right now and hoping I can delay pickup for awhile with what's going on. I did it for fun since it was $50 and thought if I do the early enough nobody else would have MYMACH E

·
Registered
96 Posts
You can't preregister here either, but you can transfer. I ordered "MACH E" for my current SUV and will transfer after delivery.
I guess that's a thought. Although depending on what you drive now a lot of people may be very confused.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So you're the one that took MACH E :). I know it will go on my current car and it will be the classic black & yellow CA plate. I got the notice last week it was ready but I'm trying to hold off picking it up for a bit, I really don't want to be going down to the DMV right now.

·
Super Moderator
345 Posts
Our DMVs are closed right now b/c of COVID-19. Won’t reopen until March 30. I was going for a custom plate in preparation for my Mach E as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So you're the one that took MACH E :). I know it will go on my current car and it will be the classic black & yellow CA plate.
I don't live in CA, so someone else got there before you. Great minds think alike, apparently. :)

I guess that's a thought. Although depending on what you drive now a lot of people may be very confused.
Rather than install them on my SUV, I'll keep the Mach E plates on the passenger seat , and if I get pulled over, I'll tell the cop I haven't had time to install them. That should work at least until the weather is good enough to park the SUV and start driving the convertible. ??

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't live in CA, so someone else got there before you. Great minds think alike, apparently. :)

Rather than install them on my SUV, I'll keep the Mach E plates on the passenger seat , and if I get pulled over, I'll tell the cop I haven't had time to install them. That should work at least until the weather is good enough to park the SUV and start driving the convertible. ??
In California you have to surrender your old plates.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I spent quite a bit of time thinking of different combinations before I found one that wasn't taken. :)

·
Super Moderator
345 Posts
I ordered a custom plate today. To me, the plate MACH E looked too plain on standard NJ plates, and didn’t fit on the specialty plates. (Looks like MACH E is still available as of this posting if anyone in NJ wants it).
Waiting for the commission’s approval on my selection.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts