Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every bodies,
From my side I will absolutely need to test the car before to sign a final contract. I will get it for the next 5 years so I want to be sure that my expectations will be respected like range, confort and technology. The speed is not my priority, I am not a racer! As per "CarBuzz" the first 4,000 units will be for the dealers, there is about 3,000 dealers in USA and 500 in Canada, and a total of 7,500 in the world.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi every bodies,
From my side I will absolutely need to test the car before to sign a final contract. I will get it for the next 5 years so I want to be sure that my expectations will be respected like range, confort and technology. The speed is not my priority, I am not a racer! As per "CarBuzz" the first 4,000 units will be for the dealers, there is about 3,000 dealers in USA and 500 in Canada, and a total of 7,500 in the world.
Yes, and that what Ford is apparently going to do per the timeline sent to dealers (link below). The dealers get the demos in the Fall, and then CONFIRM payment/financing. I suspect that means the order placed in the spring is nonbinding (ie you get your deposit back).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, and that what Ford is apparently going to do per the timeline sent to dealers (link below). The dealers get the demos in the Fall, and then CONFIRM payment/financing. I suspect that means the order placed in the spring is nonbinding (ie you get your deposit back).
I hope you're correct. I've only ever factory ordered 1 car, and I was able to test drive almost the identical unit on the lot before placing the order and paying the deposit. It's asking a lot to order a vehicle without knowing how the seat will feel and how the car drives.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It is not like we don’t have a choice. It may mean you go to the end of the line if you won’t commit without a test drive first but it is a choice.
It is a good question to ask but for me, Ford must get this right if they want to survive long term. They can’t afford to use the Mustang name and get it wrong. So I will order with or without a test drive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My comprehension of the text is that in Spring we have to confirm the order (model/color/drive train, etc...) because in June they will share the schedule (Vehicle scheduling begins) so then we will have to sign it or they will wait to Fall to sign after the road test! Hummm. I will call my dealer next Monday and will let you know.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My comprehension of the text is that in Spring we have to confirm the order (model/color/drive train, etc...) because in June they will share the schedule (Vehicle scheduling begins) so then we will have to sign it or they will wait to Fall to sign after the road test! Hummm. I will call my dealer next Monday and will let you know.

View attachment 501
My dealer told me I'm not commited until Fall ("Dealer confirm payment and financing with customer and complete checkout").

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will also test drive the Tesla y and I'm not going to give them any more money until I actually have the car I will be driving in front of me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What makes everyone think that Ford will make you sign before you test drive. They will give you plenty of time with all the information you seem to crave for. It only a car. Enjoy the process we are still 10 months plus before it on the road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will also test drive the Tesla y and I'm not going to give them any more money until I actually have the car I will be driving in front of me.
Just remember a Tesla must be taken to a Tesla dealer for all repairs. Yes they have a "Geek Squad"
that will come to you but you may wait. So we have Ford Dealers everywhere to address any issues
we may have. This a plus for Ford !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will sign a fully cancelable contract and put down a small fully refundable deposit (500-1k is fair) before driving if needed to start placing the order. I will not do anything that wont allow me to walk away 100% with all money back without a test drive though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would if we get:
  • Fast Charging - 350kW would be fantastic(despite the slowdown as the charge accumulates)
  • Over 300 miles EPA range
Of course, more discounts/toys added would be great too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts