Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a bit of a nonsense article. Tesla's have a key card for entry if the phone or fob doesn't connect. It's not a burden to keep one with credit cards in a wallet/purse.
That is of course if one is carrying the card my son and daughter both have Model 3's no fobs ($150 option) and according to several media outlets that reported on the event, many did not. Not sure why reporting on a system outage would be nonsensical?
At the last EV event that I attended several Tesla owners commented positively on the door code and backup password that Ford provides. I personally do not carry the Ford Fob relying on my FordPass App and the on-board codes.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I gave up on Paak I deleted the Paak config from my phone and it told me it was also deleting my backup passcode, not the door code.
Ok thanks. I use it but that's good to know.
Edit: I wonder why the password isn't stored in the MMe software on board?

·
Registered
2021 Premium AWD 2021 Select AWD (sold)
22 Posts
That is a bit of a nonsense article. Tesla's have a key card for entry if the phone or fob doesn't connect. It's not a burden to keep one with credit cards in a wallet/purse.
Unless, of course, you are away from your home or wherever you store the key card and suddenly can’t drive your car. The backup option with Ford is one of my favorite features.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Unless, of course, you are away from your home or wherever you store the key card and suddenly can’t drive your car. The backup option with Ford is one of my favorite features.
The key cards are credit card size and thickness (and waterproof for the beach). Anyone who doesn't carry one deserves the hard lesson. They can also carry your personal settings, which i doubt are available on the keypad.

·
Registered
2021 Premium AWD 2021 Select AWD (sold)
22 Posts
The key cards are credit card size and thickness (and waterproof for the beach). Anyone who doesn't carry one deserves the hard lesson. They can also carry your personal settings, which i doubt are available on the keypad.
They may not be much of a burden to carry if you carry other stuff with you, but I don’t think people should have “learn a hard lesson” by expecting to be able to use a key feature of the car.

Also, I’ve had both my wallet and an individual credit card fall out of my pocket while sitting down without me realizing it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The world is not a perfect place. In my 78 years, no wallet has fallen out of my back pocket nor has a card fallen out of my front pocket. What if the key pad failed? We are too far into the woods here, both cars have a reasonable backup. :LOL:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not that I think the key cards are a bad option at all, but with the Mach E, you can just choose your profile in the settings after using the code. An extra step, but it's certainly restorable from the same place you'd enter the password to start it.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E GT Performance
12 Posts
This is simple:
Primary) Ford-phone Key, Tesla- Phone Key
Secondary) Ford Key FOB, Tesla-Card FOB
Tertiary) Ford door and key codes, Tesla wait for Elon to hear about the problem on twitter and choke someone until fixed 5hours+

If you own a Tesla keep your card handy

·
Registered
335 Posts
This is simple:
Primary) Ford-phone Key, Tesla- Phone Key
Secondary) Ford Key FOB, Tesla-Card FOB
Tertiary) Ford door and key codes, Tesla wait for Elon to hear about the problem on twitter and choke someone until fixed 5hours+

If you own a Tesla keep your card handy
Nonsense! Tesla phone key is reliable and just works. FOB is handy and always works - got one for my wife to keep in her purse because she doesn't always carry her phone. Key card is a simple and reliable, easy to carry backup for electronics, and useful for valet mode. What is the Mach E valet procedure?

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E GT Performance
12 Posts
Nonsense! Tesla phone key is reliable and just works. FOB is handy and always works - got one for my wife to keep in her purse because she doesn't always carry her phone. Key card is a simple and reliable, easy to carry backup for electronics, and useful for valet mode. What is the Mach E valet procedure?
"nonsense?" What was nonsense? I never said Tesla's phone key was not reliable, but clearly its not perfect. I never said that the fob or card was not simple and reliable. And, I never said a word regarding valet mode. In fact, my point was simply that both cars have a suitable back up option to the phone key.

Too many people are wrapped up in the Ford -vs- Tesla battle. I have a ton of respect for Tesla! I just liked the overall appearance, android auto option, and the driver display on the ford better. I think both cars are great and I will not attempt to make the Mach look better by beating up on tesla products.

Cheers and have a great weekend!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts