1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Most important parts:
EV cancellations unlikely
"Vehicles like the Mach-E due for sale this year won’t slip much, but those farther out could."

·
Registered
653 Posts
Meh. I'm not sure subscription plans are where it's at. They're basically just really expensive leases.

·
Registered
620 Posts
@ChasingCoral do you think second-year Mach-E production will be impacted? Because it seems like something could happen according to that article (“Anything beyond mid-2021 is definitely up for grabs”) and how I think things might play out. Fortunately first year MME production hit its 50k limit not long ago which is a positive that coupled with good profit margins (how much money is the MME pulling in for Ford?) might reveal its precisely what Ford needed during a time like this.

Also to keep in mind..

"Future vehicles can be divided into three categories:
  • Those so close to production it would cost more to delay them than continue as planned.
  • Others are “mission-critical,” too important to the company’s image or balance sheet to delay.
  • Everything else is in the product plan is negotiable when times get tough"

·
Super Moderator
1,194 Posts
@ChasingCoral do you think second-year Mach-E production will be impacted? Because it seems like something could happen according to that article (“Anything beyond mid-2021 is definitely up for grabs”) and how I think things might play out. Fortunately first year MME production hit its 50k limit not long ago which is a positive that coupled with good profit margins (how much money is the MME pulling in for Ford?) might reveal its precisely what Ford needed during a time like this.

Also to keep in mind..

"Future vehicles can be divided into three categories:
  • Those so close to production it would cost more to delay them than continue as planned.
  • Others are “mission-critical,” too important to the company’s image or balance sheet to delay.
  • Everything else is in the product plan is negotiable when times get tough"
In its second year, it is no longer a new development and is not in any of the categories listed.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ChasingCoral do you think second-year Mach-E production will be impacted?
Your guess is as good as mine. The product launch is a big deal. Delivery times on the second model year are another question entirely. Unless they need to re-task the assembly line at Cuautitlan, they can just keep producing after the first 50,000 as long as they have contracts in place with their suppliers -- especially LG for the batteries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts