Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I have a reservation for Mach E premium and waiting for test drive before converting it to an order. However I got mail today thanking me for placing order - which I did not! I plan to call dealer tomorrow to find out more , but checking here if anyone else has any similar experience?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I wonder if it's dealers fudging their books in order to bump up their numbers? Basically a way for them to move some lists around to make them seem more prosperous...?

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
967 Posts
I wonder if it's dealers fudging their books in order to bump up their numbers? Basically a way for them to move some lists around to make them seem more prosperous...?
Maybe. It may also be clueless dealers. I generally don't trust auto dealers to be either honest or well-informed, especially when it comes to BEVs and the new ordering system.

·
Registered
562 Posts
My salesman converted mine, allegedly because he thought he was the one that was supposed to do it and "knew I wanted the car since we've talked so much". Not sure if I'm going to cancel and go elsewhere or not; if I do I'll be at the back of the line...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My salesman converted mine, allegedly because he thought he was the one that was supposed to do it and "knew I wanted the car since we've talked so much". Not sure if I'm going to cancel and go elsewhere or not; if I do I'll be at the back of the line...
Did you pay any deposit towards the order? What if after test drive you decide you don’t want the car - can you still walk away?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Did you pay any deposit towards the order? What if after test drive you decide you don’t want the car - can you still walk away?
The dealer has no money from me, and I got my $500 back from Ford. I can certainly walk away given they ordered it without my consent and have nothing with my assent and/or signature.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My understanding is that the dealer can make adjustments to the order after it is placed, though there is a point at which the order can no longer be changed. Anyone know if this is true?

Now, whether you want to work with the shady dealer to make the desired changes or not is a personal decision.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My understanding is that the dealer can make adjustments to the order after it is placed, though there is a point at which the order can no longer be changed. Anyone know if this is true?

Now, whether you want to work with the shady dealer to make the desired changes or not is a personal decision.
My dealer stated I can make changes, put the order on hold, or cancel it all together at any time as long as Ford has not started the build yet. It is essentially your car until it hits the Lot and even then...I am unsure how long it is mine in reservation status.

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
My dealer stated I can make changes, put the order on hold, or cancel it all together at any time as long as Ford has not started the build yet. It is essentially your car until it hits the Lot and even then...I am unsure how long it is mine in reservation status.
The window is short, if you want adjustments, make them now.

You still don’t have to commit to actually purchasing the vehicle, but at least it will be the configuration you want should you choose to.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
967 Posts
The window is short, if you want adjustments, make them now.

You still don’t have to commit to actually purchasing the vehicle, but at least it will be the configuration you want should you choose to.
Remember what was published in the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) as the production timetable for the 2021 Mustang Mach-E.
  • 06/22/2020 - 2021MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/20/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/26/2020 - 2021MY Job #1 Date
Once scheduling is set for your vehicle, the build (options, color, etc.) is locked in. We also know the cutoff for FE conversion is 7/31 -- just over a week away. So, don't dawdle if you want to make changes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts