Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Currently: 2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mach E AWD ER ; Previously: 2009 Ford Focus.
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
It's funny. These heritage audio brands: B&O, Mark Levinson, Lexicon, Harman Kardon, Crown, Infinity, AKG, Arcam are all.... Samsung.

Funnier still... There's Mark Levinson the company, and Mark Levinson the man. He actually lost his name.

·
Registered
MME, Infinite Blue, Premium, RWD, ER.
260 Posts
I’m pretty sure that the production workers of B&O in Denmark would disagree that it’s a Samsung product. Some of the components might be Samsung, others are not.

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
Samsung may own the companies, but it doesn’t mean they are not unique with their technologies and quality.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I’m pretty sure that the production workers of B&O in Denmark would disagree that it’s a Samsung product. Some of the components might be Samsung, others are not.
Well if it wasn't for HP, Samsung, etc.. they'd be unemployed so I'm not sure if that hubris is the best look for them at present.

Years ago when I was deep in the high end audio rabbit hole no one with a decent set of ears thought their stuff sounded any good. Like many other heritage brands selling their name, it's most basically a badge + marketing vs great audio.

·
Registered
MME, Infinite Blue, Premium, RWD, ER.
260 Posts
As I understand it the B&O brand for car audio is used under license by harman (owned by Samsung) these days. So I’m not sure it’s actually a “real” B&O product.

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
As I understand it the B&O brand for car audio is used under license by harman (owned by Samsung) these days. So I’m not sure it’s actually a “real” B&O product.
it is a real B&O design, just like all the B&O car audio systems. But they are the mass produced products, not the crazy hand-crafted units that go for several thousand dollars per speaker.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
There are many variations to consider and even how its engineered into vehicles that come with them.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
it is a real B&O design, just like all the B&O car audio systems. But they are the mass produced products, not the crazy hand-crafted units that go for several thousand dollars per speaker.
So long as it doesn't sound like B&O designed it , it should sound pretty good. 😁😁😁

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
So long as it doesn't sound like B&O designed it , it should sound pretty good. 😁😁😁
Doh!

I haven’t heard any of their new loudspeakers, but a friend has older ones in her home that have a beautifully rich sound. I’m not expecting that level of quality, but for it to have good dynamic range for an automobile interior.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Doh!

I haven’t heard any of their new loudspeakers, but a friend has older ones in her home that have a beautifully rich sound. I’m not expecting that level of quality, but for it to have good dynamic range for an automobile interior.
Been a long time since I've been into planar electrostatic speakers and tube gear. Widely known in audiophile circles that B&O stuff looks great but for a fraction of the price, much better sound could be had. The classic case of style over substance.

The sound bar is essentially a cost reduction (less drivers) with digital signal processing to trick the ear. It's also "tuned" for the car. Though I suspect it'll be better than acceptable, I'm not expecting it to live up to the hype. Like all B&O stuff, it looks good though.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
Been a long time since I've been into planar electrostatic speakers and tube gear. Widely known in audiophile circles that B&O stuff looks great but for a fraction of the price, much better sound could be had. The classic case of style over substance.

The sound bar is essentially a cost reduction (less drivers) with digital signal processing to trick the ear. It's also "tuned" for the car. Though I suspect it'll be better than acceptable, I'm not expecting it to live up to the hype. Like all B&O stuff, it looks good though.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
I guess we'll find out subjectively when we get ours, and objectively when we get a Savagegeese review of the Mach E.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's funny. These heritage audio brands: B&O, Mark Levinson, Lexicon, Harman Kardon, Crown, Infinity, AKG, Arcam are all.... Samsung.

Funnier still... There's Mark Levinson the company, and Mark Levinson the man. He actually lost his name.
Samsung as parts supplier is not Samsung as owner or even designer. Apple chips like the M1 are Samsung made while apple designed. Surprised it was not Sony like in my current Mustang and F150.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Samsung as parts supplier is not Samsung as owner or even designer. Apple chips like the M1 are Samsung made while apple designed. Surprised it was not Sony like in my current Mustang and F150.
Respectfully... No. Here are the facts.

Samsung owns them... They'd all be working for someone else or unemployed. They may actually source components/parts outside Samsung though.

Also.. Samsung doesn't make Apple M1 chips. TSMC does.

In May 2015, Harman International (which later became a subsidiary of Samsung), announced the completion of its acquisition of Bang & Olufsen Automotive car audio business.[2] In March 2017, Tymphany, an audio ODM based in Hong Kong and with manufacturing operations in Dongchen, announced the acquisition of the engineering and manufacturing operation in the Czech Republic from Bang & Olufsen.[3][4]

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I stand corrected on the M1 chip. I was thinking of all the iPhone chips that were Samsung. Did not realize the automotive part of B&O was sold. Which is confusing since the rest of B&O is still an audiophiles playground.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I stand corrected on the M1 chip. I was thinking of all the iPhone chips that were Samsung. Did not realize the automotive part of B&O was sold. Which is confusing since the rest of B&O is still an audiophiles playground.
Confusing as all hell... have to really pay attention these days. Samsung are not stupid. They know that these heritage brands still carry huge recognition.

Oh yeah... GE appliances? Been Chinese for several years now... Haier.

We still have many heritage brands in name and ownership though... Red Wing boots, Alden and Allen Edmonds shoes, Hasty Bake Grills...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts