Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Premium extended range and GT have the same battery, why wouldn't Ford be able to increase the peak performance of Premium model? I know its all speculative with a lot of unknowns, but it seems like there is room to improve. Maybe to improve range and torque.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome. Thanks for sharing. To me, the Torque looks odd still. Variance in hp between AWDs, but Torque is the same. They have to be electronically manipulating results to hold back the ER against the SR. The AWD ER should be higher. I think.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for sharing. To me, the Torque looks odd still. Variance in hp between AWDs, but Torque is the same. They have to be electronically manipulating results to hold back the ER against the SR. The AWD ER should be higher. I think.
Shortly after the initial Mach E specs were announced in LA, there was discussion with Ford reps about it. IIRC the difference is from the extra battery cells - there is more current available for the motors with the ER battery pack. However, since there is so much extra weight in the ER the acceleration times are similar in AWD versions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts