Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford recommends to only charge your battery to 80% not to charge up to 100% has anyone had the car more “long-term” and found the best percentage to safely charge to?
Just picked up my Mach E premium AWD in Wednesday haven’t had to charge yet but curious as to the best approach overall

·
Registered
276 Posts
Owners manual says to level 2 charge (220V) up to 90%. If you fast charge (level 3) its safe to go up to 80%. I've fast charged multiple times and the car really stops taking charge once it hits 80%.
I have 5k miles and I charge to 90% (level 2) every night, no issues.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
yep, 90% for home charging. Also, manual recommends letting battery cool off before charging. The easiest way for this is to set up a charging schedule which won't interfere with your driving. So when you get home plug it in and it will automatically start charging at the designated time and stop when it reached the % you set.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
How do you know when to stop it? Where do you set this?
easiest way is the ford pass app.
First you have to charge from your home location one time (it took twice for me), you then designate that as "saved location"
So open fordpass app.
1. Click on "vehicle" icon lower corner of the screen.
2. click on "manage ev" nearly midway up the phone.
3.opens up several selections click on "Manage charging"
a.you'll see scheduling "set charging schedule yourself make sure the dot to the right is filled in.
b. below that you'll see "manual charging settings" select "saved locations" click "preferred charging locations"
4. make sure the black dot to the right is next to "use preferred charge settings"
5.Brings up Charging location" should have your address, a map, and below that a "max charge level" slider, set it to what you want.
a.scroll down further and set up preferred charging times for weekend and weekday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts