Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
That would be great, but I've seen a hundred of these "magic bullet" ideas floated over the years. Very few make it off the drawing board and into mainstream reality.

But eventually one of them will. Batteries should continue to improve. That's one thing that makes it a little tough to commit to a Mach-e now, knowing there's a good chance the range will be better on the 2023's... then the 2025's... then the 2027s...

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be great, but I've seen a hundred of these "magic bullet" ideas floated over the years. Very few make it off the drawing board and into mainstream reality.

But eventually one of them will. Batteries should continue to improve. That's one thing that makes it a little tough to commit to a Mach-e now, knowing there's a good chance the range will be better on the 2023's... then the 2025's... then the 2027s...
The battery packs on the Mach-E are removable and replaceable from the bottom of the car. Hopefully, as new battery technology is introduced, replacement batteries can be upgraded. 1200 miles/charge WILL change the industry!

·
Registered
275 Posts
The battery packs on the Mach-E are removable and replaceable from the bottom of the car. Hopefully, as new battery technology is introduced, replacement batteries can be upgraded. 1200 miles/charge WILL change the industry!
They certainly would, if they ever became a reality.

That's one of the things I had in mind when deciding not to spend the extra $5000 for the extended range battery pack now. The extra 60 miles (AWD ER vs AWD SR) won't make enought difference for me to take the vehicle on a long road trip. We'll just drive our Escape on trips, and use the Mach-e around home. But if something miraculous happens in 5 years and there's a super-duper battery pack replacement available then (at a decent price), we could just use the $5000 we saved now to upgrade it then.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
994 Posts
We'll just drive our Escape on trips, and use the Mach-e around home.
Since my pickup isn't the most efficient road tripper, my Mach E will be the road trip car. Thus my choice of ER.
Different strokes for different folks. That's why I'm glad they gave us options.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Since my pickup isn't the most efficient road tripper, my Mach E will be the road trip car. Thus my choice of ER.
Different strokes for different folks. That's why I'm glad they gave us options.
Exactly. It varies greatly depending on each person's situation. We happen to have a 2nd vehicle that's great for road trips. And we happen to have a house and a garage, making it a perfect situation for a BEV for around-home driving using at-home overnight charging at cheap residential rates.

But if we didn't have all of that, we'd be looking at a PHEV or ICE instead. The virtues of choice and competition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts