Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery longevity very dependent on thermal management. Batteries don’t like heat. Another major factor SOC bandwidth within which the battery operates. For instance for the 75 KW battery what is the actual useable KW available for use. What buffer does it leave at bottom and top of capacity?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't think anybody know, yet, and may never know. My guess is if the specs say 75kWh, then that's all useable. According to the article linked below, if you charge from 0 to 100%, you'll get 500 cycles out of your battery. At a 250 mile range, that equates to 125,000 miles. And then you'll still have 70% of your battery capacity left. If you charge from 20% to 100%, then you'll double that. People make a big deal about charging but in reality you can go a loooong way without worrying about it too much.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not all of the battery pack will be usable. My 05 escape hybride had a usable soc of 40 to 53 and mg1 could take it to me higher than 60%. My 2017 cmax has a 7 kWh battery but only 5.6 is usable for the energi model. All this done for longetivity purposes. My guess is the range will be greater than300 miles for those coming from ahybride driving background.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts