Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
357 Posts
Co-Pilot 360 2.0
Co-Pilot Assist 2.0

(That's my guess.) And maybe remind people about hands free highway driving in 2021.

·
Registered
6 Posts
"allowing for hands-free driving on more than 100,000 miles of divided highways in all 50 states and Canada."

not coming to Europe then?

·
Super Moderator
1,194 Posts
"allowing for hands-free driving on more than 100,000 miles of divided highways in all 50 states and Canada."

not coming to Europe then?
Europe has a lot more regulations around such tech. I’m sure it will reach you eventually.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Europe has a lot more regulations around such tech. I’m sure it will reach you eventually.
good point. Hands Free mode was already specified as a part of the the TECHNOLOGY PACK PLUS with the remark "if allowed in EU". So I'm guessing this includes all the hardware needed....

·
Registered
570 Posts
Tim trying to start a SunOS v. HP/UX war? emacs v. vi?

(vi btw, and spaces not tabs. thank you.)
Oh, and I was actually just quoting Jurassic Park - I love the ridiculousness of that line the girl says at the end. She automatically knew how to use the custom software for controlling the park because she was familiar with the OS. Yup, that's how it works. It's #2 below Independence Day on the "ludicrous computer related plot device" list. Sure, I can create a virus with zero knowledge of the alien hardware or software I've never seen before - I just need to use this "truly universal" USB cable and correct gcc compiler options.

·
Registered
210 Posts
To be honest... if this feature was of great importance to us, we probably would have gone with the model Y as they are years ahead of everyone else and will probably be further ahead by the time it arrives in mid to late 2021.

That said, it would be nice to have this capability once in a while. The cost is key here.

·
Registered
357 Posts
@timbop, glad you were just quoting the movie. I didn't want to have to block your messages from now on. Many flaws in Jurassic Park, worst in my mind was when the girl's watching the live surveillance camera feed but the audience sees the QuickTime Player seek bar moving along the not-live-video file.

Back on subject:

I was guessing today's announcement would just be a reminder of info already on the MME web site since November. I was really happy to see them provide significantly new detail, with emphasis on next year's planned hands free highway driving capability.

I wish there were more details like option pricing for instance, but that will be coming out soon enough. It's just so exciting to get some info and so hard to wait a few more days. :)

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback / 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD SR
72 Posts
Oh, and I was actually just quoting Jurassic Park - I love the ridiculousness of that line the girl says at the end. She automatically knew how to use the custom software for controlling the park because she was familiar with the OS. Yup, that's how it works. It's #2 below Independence Day on the "ludicrous computer related plot device" list. Sure, I can create a virus with zero knowledge of the alien hardware or software I've never seen before - I just need to use this "truly universal" USB cable and correct gcc compiler options.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts