Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everyone always asks but we do not have one big thread to collect info.
Everyone always shows may car says X range!!! Well for all of us lets have a log of what your car tells you is your max range on a full charge and what your average mi/Kw and what type of driving you do.
I have a RWD EX and I normally see 275mi range at full charge. My normal is 3.0 mi/Kw 90% freeway driving between 75 and 20mi/hr. With wind it drops to 2.5 mi/Kw

·
Registered
171 Posts
I like this thread!
ER AWD Premium: 100% usually shows 300 to 330 miles depending on weather (60-95F). I've been tracking my mi/kWh since day one and I'm averaging 3.7 mi/kWh with a very large mix of highway and city driving. I've seen as low as 2.0 mi/kWh during a snow storm in Colorado.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have come to the conclusion that in some situations the AWD does as good on mi/Kw as the RWD

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that in some situations the AWD does as good on mi/Kw as the RWD
Seems like it, I think the only difference is the weight of the second motor (if they have the same battery).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you would think the AWD would get less mi/Kw since it has to power two motors, even if they are running less each motor to get the same mi/hr on both cars

·
Registered
171 Posts
EVs are a little different in this topic compared to ICE. For ICE, that is correct because there's losses in mechanical systems. These losses don't exist in EVs except for minimal losses in the power lines. But power output = motor power required. So if you accelerate and need 50kW of power, one motor will do that work, or 2 motors would split the 50kW. Only variable that changes is the weight of the second motor to decrease efficiency but that motor is roughly 80 pounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts