Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
I just picked up the MMe from the dealer and listed on my paperwork are the following items:
Update 21G01 BlueCruise module programing
Reprogram up to eight Vehicle modules to enable BC with FDRS per technical information.
APIM fails to update and TSB 22-2117 is utilized
IPC module fails to update over USB following FDRS prompts and flashing via DLC
Allowance to test drive BlueCruise in a hands-free Blue zone prequalified divided highway

Ok so I I notice that there are changes in the various displays and when I activate the 'Cruise' button I got a 'BlueCruise activated notice. However, I still get the hands on the wheel notice if I go hands free as well as the wheel and hands icon below the blue "bubble". I also don't see the icon for the additional game(s) that @bentheEVguy posted. FordPass now at 4.14.0 but shows FordGo ver. still at 2.3.0 with a Feb 15 update. I'm going to take it for a drive tomorrow and see what gives on the hands free. When I tried the 'systems update' on the main screen it says (like always) system up to date and the manual update 'button' is grey. TBC tomorrow
EDIT: The screen icon for the front boot is now illuminated but still non-functional,
We just picked up our MachE after it's 1 year service, and software upgrade. As I mentioned in another thread, the software upgrade took 15hours with the technician, and our service rep said that the dealership isn't going to do any more of those until Ford comes up with a better method. Sounds like we are a ways from being able to do major upgrades OTA.
A couple observations:
First, as I have mentioned before, I see no way in the car of determining what version of the software is installed on my car. I think that is unsat, and I hope Ford provides us a way to determine that. (if anyone knows how, please let me know) You mention that you were able to see version of FordGo, is that the car's operating system, and where are you able to see that? I am also running 4.14.0 in the app, but don't see any FordGo information.
Second, we now have "blue cruise", but there wasn't an obvious change that indicated that to us, until we were able to engage it on a "included" area of divided highway. I don't think there is a display anywhere which shows us the sections of road where blue cruise is available, so you just have to try it out and see. That may be why you are not getting the hands free option. I think it would be helpful to have a symbol somewhere that indicates whether you are in a "blue cruise" section of road.
Third, although we do have operational blue cruise, we have no button for the frunk.

· Registered
78 Posts
If you go into the map in Ford Pass, Blue Cruise roads are red.
Excellent, didn't know that. It's not entirely accurate as there is a section of I-15 here in Salt Lake City where it does't work currently, however that area was recently was redesigned, rerouting the exits, so perhaps it will catch up at some point.

· Registered
78 Posts
It will be interesting to see what you get for a reply.
If I go into my FordPass app, ACCOUNT>CONNECTED SERVICES, it does indeed show Ford BlueCruise with an expiration date of 4/22/23. The fact that you do not show this would certainly be an indication that either BlueCruise did not get uploaded into the car, or is not activated at FORD.
Again, it would be helpful if we could see either in the car or via Ford Pass, exactly what software version the car is running.
Oh well, looks like FORD is on it, hopefully you will get a satisfactory solution soon, and it is encouraging to hear from Iweisenthal that there is an improvement from FORD for upgrading the software.
As I mentioned on another thread, in my professional life I have always found that people are very understanding of delays or problems, IF YOU COMMUNICATE WITH THEM in a timely manner. I completely agree with Summerlin Bob, I don't understand why FORD doesn't communicate with us regarding this.

· Registered
78 Posts
I regularly utilize lane centering, adaptive etc on I-15 in Utah where the posted speed is 80 MPH
Likewise, I have used it on I-15, engaging it at 80mph without issue. I now have BlueCruise, and it engages as well, however it does disengage at times such as corners, but will reengage again at 80.
Not sure what was going on with your issue, looking forward to regular improvements as we move forward.

· Registered
78 Posts
The "Hands Free" mode will only work on those designated sections of road, shown in RED on your FordPass app. The display you get is basically the same as the lane centering display you get on most other roads, with the addition of a "Hands Free" display to the lower left of the car display on your front screen. And, the car will not prompt you to put hands on the wheel, at least until it does because it can't handle the corner etc.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts