Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone with 2021 Mach-e get "Blue cruise" update?
Mine is from early 2021 (dealer had it in Apr 2021) and just recently got 1.7.1 via OTA. Called Ford and they were not helpful at all. Went to a local dealer and they said TSB 22-2117 (recommend by user @Richard L) was not applicable for my vehicle.

Wondering what's going on. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
TIA

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My final update downloaded last week and BlueCruise just started working when I hit the cruise button. I'm not sure I like it any better than intelligent cruise.
Have you used Blue cruise on a highway? What was your experience? I am curious to understand why you did not see value.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ford came up with a brand new version of the Blue Cruise software, allegedly devoid of installation bugs......... So I brought my MME in this morning (Wed May 4) and it's supposed to be all finished any time now (12:45 PM PDT). I'll let you know if it actually works.

- Larry Weisenthal/Huntington Beach CA
@lweisenthal, how did the update go? Do you have Blue cruise (hands free highway driving i meant) now?

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
My Mach-e has been at the dealership to fix the Navigation not working, recalls, and get bluecruise. It's been 2 full weeks and the latest update from dealer service is " the car is not accepting the software for the blue cruise he is working with an engineer from ford on figuring this issue out".
Anyone faced such issue?

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Here's the final update: dealer messaged me asking me to come pickup my Mach-E, which I did. It sat there for 2 weeks, 1 week for recall work and 2nd week pretty much for getting Blue cruise to work.
After picking up the Pony on my way home the Navi was all over the place(showed wrong location). Today morning it seemed to be showing correct location. On my way to work had a little bit of I75 drive and vola!! Blue cruise worked!!!!
Waited patiently for almost 1 year and here it is, I was extatic, my experience with Mach-e is now full circle.
Software for several systems were updated according to document I received. I was told that the service technician spent a lot of time with Ford experts to get my Mach-e SW updated.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
It's still 'early in the game' with BC but frankly I see little advantage to the Adaptive Cruise/Lane Centering. I've got a year to decide but hands on the wheel or hands on my lap is an insignificant difference. On my next trip I may try uncorking, pouring and sipping a Dry Reisling while I dine on a Popeye's Spicy Cajun Chicken sandwich. If it works out, I may keep the subscription. 🍗🍾
I did couple of long(er) drives and I am loving Blue Cruise. If I am in a center lane or left lane I have not yet seen BC drop. If I am in the right most Lane I see it drop on a handfull of occassions near exits. As long as I am looking forward with fewer distractions, it does not seem to matter where my hands are, what they are doing. I had coffee, munched snacks with BC on and no warnings or issues. I will definitely keep it beyond the 1st year for a subscription.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts