Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Read Only
73 Posts
Aloha @Pote
All is well, the dealer installed 21G01 updates and a short time later I got 2.8.2 and 2.8.3 as OTAs and now have a fully functioning BC. I finally got to test it on the drive to Las Vegas airport and despite some strong desert X-winds, it performed quite well. The thing is that I find myself resting my hand (s) on the steering wheel so it's not much different from the adaptive/intelligent cruise. I'm happy about the free year which will give me time to decide if I want to purchase it for the three year package.
PS: How is it that you live on an island and have 4000 more miles on your odometer than me?
I have an Early 2021 ER AWD model and have been waiting for BC for a while. After reading stories on this forum I decided NOT to take my car to dealership as I live in IA where there are not very many MMEs.
Over last week I have started gettting regular updates 2.72. and then 2.7.2 and just yesterday 2.7.4. Quesiton I have is at what software version will I get BC? if it 2.8.2 and 2.8.3 than do I have 8 more Software updates to go thru before I get BC ?

·
Registered
2021 ME FE Grabber Blue
469 Posts
I have an Early 2021 ER AWD model and have been waiting for BC for a while. After reading stories on this forum I decided NOT to take my car to dealership as I live in IA where there are not very many MMEs.
Over last week I have started gettting regular updates 2.72. and then 2.7.2 and just yesterday 2.7.4. Quesiton I have is at what software version will I get BC? if it 2.8.2 and 2.8.3 than do I have 8 more Software updates to go thru before I get BC ?
2.8.2 will enable BC. 2.8.3 will update SYNC version. You should get there after 2 or 3 additional updates depending on what your vehicle requires. Good luck!!!

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,225 Posts
Sorry but since the dealer did the updates because the OTA updates weren't happening I am uncertain. However, I had "hands free" when I received 2.8.2 on an OTA update. The 2.8.3 is a 'minor tweak'. When you use the 'cruise button', does it show Blue Cruise but you still have the steering wheel w hands icon? If you do, then hands free is the next update.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just noticed a version notification in my MME that says I have 2.6.0. And no BCruise.

I'm gonna go back on the freeway and try again to see what smokes.
---------------------------
Update:
I now have the 2.7.0 OTA update. Have no idea if that makes any difference.
Went back out on the same freeway and everything worked fine. Tried all the configs I could think of and the hands free lane centering worked flawlessly. No BCruise.
Cockpit error I guess.

·
Registered
202 Posts
BTW, I just came across this new flash from last year:

"DEARBORN, Mich., April 14, 2021 – Ford will begin offering its new BlueCruise hands-free highway driving system to customers later this year after 500,000 miles of development testing and fine-tuning the technology on a journey across the United States and Canada."

I have a question for those that have the BlueCruise on their MME. Does the hands free function only work on those specific roads where Ford has highlighted them, the "hands free blue zones" or will it work on properly striped roads?

·
Registered
2021 ME FE Grabber Blue
469 Posts
BTW, I just came across this new flash from last year:

"DEARBORN, Mich., April 14, 2021 – Ford will begin offering its new BlueCruise hands-free highway driving system to customers later this year after 500,000 miles of development testing and fine-tuning the technology on a journey across the United States and Canada."

I have a question for those that have the BlueCruise on their MME. Does the hands free function only work on those specific roads where Ford has highlighted them, the "hands free blue zones" or will it work on properly striped roads?
Only on mapped roads. Non BC roads will require hands on steering wheel.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The "Hands Free" mode will only work on those designated sections of road, shown in RED on your FordPass app. The display you get is basically the same as the lane centering display you get on most other roads, with the addition of a "Hands Free" display to the lower left of the car display on your front screen. And, the car will not prompt you to put hands on the wheel, at least until it does because it can't handle the corner etc.....

·
Registered
586 Posts
---------------------------
Update:
I now have the 2.7.0 OTA update. Have no idea if that makes any difference.
Went back out on the same freeway and everything worked fine. Tried all the configs I could think of and the hands free lane centering worked flawlessly. No BCruise.
Cockpit error I guess.
You have about 6 more updates to get blue cruise. I'm climbing the 2.7 series ladder and getting a new update every 5-7 days. I just got 2.7.4 on the same day I got a letter from Ford saying I would be getting the bc updates now. Not to the top of the ladder yet and no glitches!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did anyone with 2021 Mach-e get "Blue cruise" update?
Mine is from early 2021 (dealer had it in Apr 2021) and just recently got 1.7.1 via OTA. Called Ford and they were not helpful at all. Went to a local dealer and they said TSB 22-2117 (recommend by user @Richard L) was not applicable for my vehicle.

Wondering what's going on. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
TIA
Bought my Mache. April 2021was at v1.7 a month ago then began receiving updates 3 days in a row. By the end of the week I had Blue Cruise received two updates after Blue Cruise was activated. All OTA at home without dealer intervention, have been enjoying it for a week now

·
Registered
202 Posts
BlueCruise coming to a car near me.

My 2021 Premium RWD ERB:
Built Jun 22, 2021
Delivered Jul 22, 20221
OTA V 2.6.0 May 31, 2022 (approx)
OTA V 2.7.0 Jun 9, 2022
OTA V 2.7.1 Jun 11, 2022
OTA V 2.7.3 Jun 13, 2022
Received letter from Ford on Jun 9, 2022 (dated May 2022) saying that BlueCruise updates may have already started on my MME and will continue until BlueCruise is fully installed. Then I get a free year subscription to BC (once it is active).

I have two options:
1. Continue OTA updates. This option may take several weeks. Dealership visit not required. No action required other than to insure that I have OTA updates turned on and set up properly.
2. Take my MME to a Ford or Lincoln dealer for software installation of Program 21G01. This may take 2 to 8 hours. They will provide a loaner car while the update is completed.

I think I am going with option 1. My dealer interaction has been less than positive and I have waited a year so far.

The letter also gave some info on a couple new dash indicators that go with the downloads, but nothing significant.

Note: The OTAs do seem to throw blings in some weird places. e.g. my charging locations disappeared. My HVAC setttings are gone. and since the 2.7.3. update, the nav system display rotates sporadically while driving. These are just nuisances, but hope the last one fixes itself. It spooks the passengers some.

Excited to see BC finally on it's way. I'm a little apprehensive about actually using it w/o hands, but I love the lane centering with adaptive CC and it is always reminding me to put my hands on the wheel (which they are but not hard enuf). So this will be an interesting experiment to see if I trust the AI to let it do it's thing. I'm not going to read a book. If Ford gets me killed I'm going to be pissed off.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,225 Posts
It's still 'early in the game' with BC but frankly I see little advantage to the Adaptive Cruise/Lane Centering. I've got a year to decide but hands on the wheel or hands on my lap is an insignificant difference. On my next trip I may try uncorking, pouring and sipping a Dry Reisling while I dine on a Popeye's Spicy Cajun Chicken sandwich. If it works out, I may keep the subscription. 🍗🍾

·
Registered
153 Posts
BlueCruise coming to a car near me.

My 2021 Premium RWD ERB:
Built Jun 22, 2021
Delivered Jul 22, 20221
OTA V 2.6.0 May 31, 2022 (approx)
OTA V 2.7.0 Jun 9, 2022
OTA V 2.7.1 Jun 11, 2022
OTA V 2.7.3 Jun 13, 2022
Received letter from Ford on Jun 9, 2022 (dated May 2022) saying that BlueCruise updates may have already started on my MME and will continue until BlueCruise is fully installed. Then I get a free year subscription to BC (once it is active).

I have two options:
1. Continue OTA updates. This option may take several weeks. Dealership visit not required. No action required other than to insure that I have OTA updates turned on and set up properly.
2. Take my MME to a Ford or Lincoln dealer for software installation of Program 21G01. This may take 2 to 8 hours. They will provide a loaner car while the update is completed.

I think I am going with option 1. My dealer interaction has been less than positive and I have waited a year so far.

The letter also gave some info on a couple new dash indicators that go with the downloads, but nothing significant.

Note: The OTAs do seem to throw blings in some weird places. e.g. my charging locations disappeared. My HVAC setttings are gone. and since the 2.7.3. update, the nav system display rotates sporadically while driving. These are just nuisances, but hope the last one fixes itself. It spooks the passengers some.

Excited to see BC finally on it's way. I'm a little apprehensive about actually using it w/o hands, but I love the lane centering with adaptive CC and it is always reminding me to put my hands on the wheel (which they are but not hard enuf). So this will be an interesting experiment to see if I trust the AI to let it do it's thing. I'm not going to read a book. If Ford gets me killed I'm going to be pissed off.
Just to give you some hope, I got 2.7.3 on May 27th, 2.7.4 on June 1st, then 2.8.1 on June 13th and last night 2.8.2- I now have BlueCruise!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
It's still 'early in the game' with BC but frankly I see little advantage to the Adaptive Cruise/Lane Centering. I've got a year to decide but hands on the wheel or hands on my lap is an insignificant difference. On my next trip I may try uncorking, pouring and sipping a Dry Reisling while I dine on a Popeye's Spicy Cajun Chicken sandwich. If it works out, I may keep the subscription. 🍗🍾
I did couple of long(er) drives and I am loving Blue Cruise. If I am in a center lane or left lane I have not yet seen BC drop. If I am in the right most Lane I see it drop on a handfull of occassions near exits. As long as I am looking forward with fewer distractions, it does not seem to matter where my hands are, what they are doing. I had coffee, munched snacks with BC on and no warnings or issues. I will definitely keep it beyond the 1st year for a subscription.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ah my palate yearns. Although I slightly prefer a Pinot Grigio with the delectable spicy Popeye's. Bottle doesn't fit in the cup holder though. I'll just have to grab it by the neck and swill as BC does it's thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Until I had the dealer do updates (4 days) I did not get OTA updates. Since then the OTA updates have been rolling in and we are up to 2.8.2. We are enjoying "hands off" more than we thought we would. We hardly cared about lane-centering. After we take a long trip, soon, we will evaluate whether we will pay for the Blue Cruise subscription. Probably, yes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
@lweisenthal Thanks for the update, what I don't understand is why Ford seems to incapable or unwilling to provide the type of information that you have just posted? I'll continue to wait for a response from the dealer to my email. When I return from Utah I will (if necessary) make trip #8 to the dealer for the update. Again thanks for taking the time to provide the info.
Bob
Hi Bob, Update: Took my car to dealer 3 times for Blue Cruise and Lane centering related issue. Dealer had car for 4 days, then 2 days, then 8 days. At end of 8 days, everything was working perfectly! Died and went to heaven. Took car on two 60 mile drives on multiple LA freeways. 405 North between Huntington Beach to North Long Beach. Surface street North to 91 East. Then 605 South. Then 405 South to Costa Mesa. Then 405 North back home. Daytime in rush hour and nighttime on near empty road. Blue Cruise worked brilliantly. Exceeded expectations.

Two days later I received an over the air software “upgrade.” This destroyed everything. Main problem was the native navigation app didn’t work. It displayed my location as being about 15 miles from where I actually was. So not only did Blue Cruise not work, but Lane centering adaptive cruise didn’t work properly. I’d set desired speed at 65 MPH. Would do that fine … for a minute or two … but then abruptly drop it to 25 … rapidly slowing car. You can imagine going 65 on an LA freeway, where most drivers try to do 75 if not 80, and then abruptly slowing. Miracle I wasn’t rear ended. This happened several times before I finally realized what was going on.

When I got home, the navigation map informed me I was in the middle of New York City.

I spent hours on the phone over next two days … talked to 5 tech support people. 3 disconnected me. Two tried to connect me with someone from engineering, but engineers refused to accept transferred call. Both consulted with supervisors. Told me to take car back to dealer.

I told them … I just CAN’T. The dealer hates me by now. I know for a fact that they spent 35 hours on the problem and billed Ford $3,100 for this and were paid this by Ford. But it tied up their 1 1/2 computer technicians, affecting many other customers. They FIXED my problems.Everything was great … for two days until your over air update ruined my car.

Well, they said, take car to another dealer. I said fine, you find me a dealer who is willing to take the car and fix this. I’ll take it to any dealer in California, Nevada, or Arizona, but it’s got to be a dealer who will be instructed how to fix problem and can do it in a day or two. Just make an appointment for me, and I’ll take the car there.

No, we can’t do that. You’ll have to make arrangements for yourself. But but but I happen to know dealers all across the country are fed up with these Blue Cruise update issues. I’m going to have to spend a lot of time explaining my tale of woe and getting a dealer to fix. Basically tough luck, you are on your own, sucker.

I get a brilliant idea. I’ll do a complete system reset. I do this three times. Get rid of Ford Pass app. Then do system reset. Then reinstall Ford Pass. Do this 3 complete times … just because. Miracle. It WORKS.

Next day I awaken to find I’ve gotten another automatic over the air update. Same thing. Car now thinks I’m in New York. I then do the reset things. This time, it doesn’t fix. I drive car for two days. No Blue Cruise. No adaptive cruise, because I don’t want to get rear ended when it suddenly slows to 25. Then, out of the blue (no pun intended), car suddenly fixes itself. It’s now working again. Only problem, it keeps trying to do over the air updates. For the last 7 consecutive days (see screen shot) it announces I’ve got an update coming next day. Only update never arrives. I have no idea what’s going on. I haven’t yet driven car today, I don’t know if today will be a day when Blue Cruise and adaptive cruise and my navigation will work, or whether it won’t.

Like you, I’ve a strong Ford history. Even worked a summer on a Ford assembly line during college. Great job. Paid for a year of college. Dad was a Ford retiree … drew a Ford pension until his death at age 102. I own $300K of F. Purchased many cars on A/Z plans.

I still like the company. Love my MME after 15 months of ownership. I’m sure I’ll buy more Fords in the future. But this whole Blue Cruise experience has been … disappointing.

Larry Weisenthal/Huntington Beach

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hi Bob, Update: Took my car to dealer 3 times for Blue Cruise and Lane centering related issue. Dealer had car for 4 days, then 2 days, then 8 days. At end of 8 days, everything was working perfectly! Died and went to heaven. Took car on two 60 mile drives on multiple LA freeways. 405 North between Huntington Beach to North Long Beach. Surface street North to 91 East. Then 605 South. Then 405 South to Costa Mesa. Then 405 North back home. Daytime in rush hour and nighttime on near empty road. Blue Cruise worked brilliantly. Exceeded expectations.

Two days later I received an over the air software “upgrade.” This destroyed everything. Main problem was the native navigation app didn’t work. It displayed my location as being about 15 miles from where I actually was. So not only did Blue Cruise not work, but Lane centering adaptive cruise didn’t work properly. I’d set desired speed at 65 MPH. Would do that fine … for a minute or two … but then abruptly drop it to 25 … rapidly slowing car. You can imagine going 65 on an LA freeway, where most drivers try to do 75 if not 80, and then abruptly slowing. Miracle I wasn’t rear ended. This happened several times before I finally realized what was going on.

When I got home, the navigation map informed me I was in the middle of New York City.

I spent hours on the phone over next two days … talked to 5 tech support people. 3 disconnected me. Two tried to connect me with someone from engineering, but engineers refused to accept transferred call. Both consulted with supervisors. Told me to take car back to dealer.

I told them … I just CAN’T. The dealer hates me by now. I know for a fact that they spent 35 hours on the problem and billed Ford $3,100 for this and were paid this by Ford. But it tied up their 1 1/2 computer technicians, affecting many other customers. They FIXED my problems.Everything was great … for two days until your over air update ruined my car.

Well, they said, take car to another dealer. I said fine, you find me a dealer who is willing to take the car and fix this. I’ll take it to any dealer in California, Nevada, or Arizona, but it’s got to be a dealer who will be instructed how to fix problem and can do it in a day or two. Just make an appointment for me, and I’ll take the car there.

No, we can’t do that. You’ll have to make arrangements for yourself. But but but I happen to know dealers all across the country are fed up with these Blue Cruise update issues. I’m going to have to spend a lot of time explaining my tale of woe and getting a dealer to fix. Basically tough luck, you are on your own, sucker.

Next day I awaken to find I’ve gotten another automatic over the air update. Same thing. Car now thinks I’m in New York. I then do the reset things. This time, it doesn’t fix. I drive car for two days. No Blue Cruise. No adaptive cruise, because I don’t want to get rear ended when it suddenly slows to 25. Then, out of the blue (no pun intended), car suddenly fixes itself. It’s now working again. Only problem, it keeps trying to do over the air updates. For the last 7 consecutive days (see screen shot) it announces I’ve got an update coming next day. Only update never arrives. I have no idea what’s going on. I haven’t yet driven car today, I don’t know if today will be a day when Blue Cruise and adaptive cruise and my navigation will work, or whether it won’t.
I still like the company. Love my MME after 15 months of ownership. I’m sure I’ll buy more Fords in the future. But this whole Blue Cruise experience has been … disappointing.

Larry Weisenthal/Huntington Beach
I know that Ford is about 9 months late on delivering Blue Cruise, but I don't understand the angst in having to get BC before the cake is fully baked. Some seem to say, I paid for Blue Cruise dammit and I want it now! So they go to the dealer and have them install the software which is a crap shoot. I now have Update 2.8.1, the fifth of six updates on the Blue Cruise ladder. So far, nothing has been screwed up with the updates by just letting them be delivered OTA. Maybe I just lucky or maybe the hammer has yet to drop, but I also have not had to deal with frustrations and endless calls to Ford or the dealer. I'll report back when I get the real deal. YMMV

·
Registered
202 Posts
GOT THE BLUE .. Cruise

So here is my experience with the provisioning of BlueCruise on my Premium MME, FWD, ER battery. As I stated previously, I selected to NOT take my MME in to the dealership to have them install BC, but rather have Ford take their course with OTA updates. Here is what I experienced.

All of the OTA updates went fine with no intervention from me. Each completed and I got a "Download complete" icon on the dash, linked to a message with the version number. 21 days overall once it started on the BC ladder. Very satisfied with the overall process and outcome.

On 20 Jun after 2.8.2 was installed along with the message that BlueCruise was active, I couldn't wait to get on a road and test it. Lane centering and Adaptive CC worked fine, but no BC. Each time I would try to activate it, I would get the message that it was on, but no joy. The Nav system went beserk. It showed me in New York, Mississippi, Arizona ... and it tended to rotate the Nav screen around a lot.

I decided to wait a few days, and behold, the next day it started first try. Exact same road. Had to age, like a good wine I guess. Nav system now works fine showing me back in TX.

Here is the money shot. and yes it did remind me to keep my eyes on the road.

Now that I have it, still apprehensive on how much I'll really trust it. That like the wine, will age appropriately. I do already wish it had the lane change feature.

Thanks Ford
You have upped your customer satisfaction.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 67 Posts