Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
So happy for you Aimee!! COngrats. It's lots of fun, but the tech in it for me was a bit intimidating at first.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Happy for you! Seeing others take delivery and enjoy themselves is a wonderful placeholders for all the others awaiting delivery. Cheers
If it’s any help, My dealership sells quite a few and I asked how many have come back with issues and she said no issues so far.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So happy for you Aimee!! COngrats. It's lots of fun, but the tech in it for me was a bit intimidating at first.
I have a lot to learn but I did have Apple Car Play in a previous vehicle. My son was the first to discover the illuminated ponies - he was so excited

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your Mach e is awesome, now go get Expel put on the front, you won't be sorry you did.
I will look into it! Thanks. Unfortunately I already accidentally made a small dent with the charger door 😭😭😭

·
Registered
602 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aimee, maybe a bit late, but someone has actually designed a charge port cover guard to prevent the dent you describe here's a vid Log In or Sign Up to View Here's a link to order Wedge / Insert for use on MME Charge port Door - JawsTec A thread on the other mache forum but it won't let me post here.
Thank you! I had seen this posted and thought, "I'll never need that" - wrong! I wish there was an indicator warning if the door is accidentally left open, too. Since it's on the front side of the car, it's easy to miss it. My husband won't let me live that down now!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thank you! I had seen this posted and thought, "I'll never need that" - wrong! I wish there was an indicator warning if the door is accidentally left open, too. Since it's on the front side of the car, it's easy to miss it. My husband won't let me live that down now!!
It's what husbands do Aimee, we always have to hold over our wives for years!! :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's what husbands do Aimee, we always have to hold over our wives for years!! :)
Haha, I'll get that small dent out one day. Will have to look into that 3-D piece - not sure how good it is though!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Haha, I'll get that small dent out one day. Will have to look into that 3-D piece - not sure how good it is though!
massively long thread on that piece in the other group, but it won't let me post a link Here's the link, https://www.macheclub.com/site/threads/charge-port-cover-dent-prevention-–-3d-printed-diy-solution.5812/ but if that won't work and you want to read it. title is "charge port cover dent protection, it's like 13 pages long

A good paintless dent removal place can probably get rid of the dent, very cheap, no painting.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
32 Posts
I received an indicator warning telling me my charge door was open, so it does exist. Not sure how it opened. It was closed when I started my drive but when I parked the warning came on, and sure enough it was open. Did you get the dent from the door opening too far?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I received an indicator warning telling me my charge door was open, so it does exist. Not sure how it opened. It was closed when I started my drive but when I parked the warning came on, and sure enough it was open. Did you get the dent from the door opening too far?
You're right - I noticed it today! I guess I didn't hear it or it blended in with the other start-up sounds :( - Maybe I need to figure out if I can make it louder. This is the only issue I seem to have. When I take the charger out, I'm mostly concerned about putting it back carefully, and then I forget to close the charging door. Actually, it was open and I didn't know and I backed up and it barely swiped the charger in my dad's garage that he uses. I'm so ashamed :LOL:. it's not terrible but I really don/t want to that again. In 30 years, I have never left my ICE gas door open!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts