Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my latest update two days ago. A notice I received from Ford by mail said it would give me BlueCruise. I don't notice anything different. I have my cruise control set to adaptive, my lane centering is on. But my screen does not change at all. Do I have to do something else to turn BlueCruise on?

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
54 Posts
You need like 6 - 8 updates to get BlueCruise. When you get the last one that gives you BlueCruise it tells you that it gave you BlueCruise.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your post was unclear. BlueCruise either gets delivered via a bunch of OTA updates OR the dealer updates specific modules, including giving you the March BC map update. They then have to drive the vehicle on a BC highway and verify that it works. If they say they did that, then all you do is turn on cruise and it will tell you that BC is active, and then it will show you can be handsfree when you are on a BC highway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your post was unclear. BlueCruise either gets delivered via a bunch of OTA updates OR the dealer updates specific modules, including giving you the March BC map update. They then have to drive the vehicle on a BC highway and verify that it works. If they say they did that, then all you do is turn on cruise and it will tell you that BC is active, and then it will show you can be handsfree when you are on a BC highway.

View attachment 8155
Forgive my insufficient clarity. When I turn on cruise control, I get no indication that BlueCruise is active. Is there anything I need to adjust in my settings?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Forgive my insufficient clarity. When I turn on cruise control, I get no indication that BlueCruise is active. Is there anything I need to adjust in my settings?
I'm still one update short of the final one to get blue cruise (all updates via OTA) but my letter from Ford says I need to activate it from ford.com or fp app before it is actually enabled.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not if your dealership actually tested it.

If, they lied, or are clueless, go into settings and under Adaptive Cruise you should see a toggle for HandsFree Lane Centering.

Another check is to look and see if in your software licenses you see BlueCruise with a Fall expiration. If it has no date, they didn't install the maps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
And you still have to find a highway where it applies. I don't often get to the interstates were it's supposed to work, but I have not been able to prove it works on two sections of I-5 near Seattle. Dealer installed and claims "tested" but they are not close enough to I-5 to bother. They probably just looked for the setting, and the map expiration (expires in the Fall as RichMachE said). FordPass and owner.ford.com only told me "Activation Pending" until I called to complain. Next day I got notifications that it was active.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts