Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2021 BMW iNext/iX/iX5 SUV will be the automakers first standalone electric SUV. It will rival the Tesla Model Y, Mercedes-Benz EQC, Audi e-tron, Ford Mustang Mach-E, and Jaguar I-Pace. According to media reports, iNext specs are said to " feature the automaker’s fifth-generation eDrive system which is tipped to offer up to 530 horsepower and a high-density, lightweight 80-kWh battery pack good for a range of around 400 miles (or about 640 km). Factor in the e-AWD system and the electric SUV should do 0-60 mph (96 km/h) in under 4 seconds."

2021-BMW-iNext-spy-shots-5.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm gonna guess that 400 miles of range is a WLTP estimate rather than EPA. If they can sell it at the same price point as the Mach-E, that would be impressive. Also, I think leasing an EV, rather than purchasing, is probably a wiser choice (for me at least) when considering how many new EV's there will be in 3 years.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna guess that 400 miles of range is a WLTP estimate rather than EPA. If they can sell it at the same price point as the Mach-E, that would be impressive. Also, I think leasing an EV, rather than purchasing, is probably a wiser choice (for me at least) when considering how many new EV's there will be in 3 years.
Same price as the Mach-E is unlikely with top of the range X3's priced from $50k and X5's starting from the mid-$50k range. My guess is it will be closer to the mid-$60k range. That to me is still reasonable and still within range of what some Mach-E owners could go for. Lease deals, incentives, offers, etc. at the time could bring it closer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts