Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Bolt Pattern

14K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  MachDrive 
#1 ·
Information on the bolt pattern, thread size, center bore and overall wheel fitment specs is what I need.

Does anyone know these specs of the Mustang Mach E?
I know for a fact we're dealing with a vehicle based off a reworked version of the C2 platform that was used for the Focus, except this is an EV-specific platform Ford developed. Still, there's some possibility similarities between the Focus and Mach E still exist here, after all its not THAT complex.

Ultimately I want to fit some sportier wheel/tire package to improve the Mach E's aesthetics.

#2 ·
This is a hard one to answer because from what I can tell Ford has not released any info on the bolt pattern. That being said don't buy anything before we hear a definitive answer from Ford.

Now my guess would be a 5x108 bolt pattern just like other cars in the C2 platform. With a HPO or high positive offset. I read somewhere the the widest factory tire is going to be a 235 so the factory wheels are probably 7.5 - 8" wide.

If I were buying wheels for this car I think the most important factor I would be looking at is weight. A lot can be gained performance wise and even fuel economy from having a lightweight set of wheels.

Tires for the set are going to be a definite compromise I'm sure whatever's coming from the factory is designed for efficiency. So whatever aftermarket tires you put on will probably cost you mileage

#3 ·
Just a question: wouldn’t you want to wait to see what performance data you get with stock wheels (mileage, speed, handling, etc) before making a change so you know the overall impact of new wheels?

#4 ·
I would highly doubt that a brand new tire is being manufactured for this vehicle. It's probably getting a tire that's already on the market so the performance characteristics of that tire are already known.

In other words depending on what your wants are for tires it would be easy to pick something else to meet those needs.

If I had to guess this car's going to get Michelin energy or Michelin primacy tires based on Ford's relationship with Michelin and the fact that this is a premium vehicle

#5 ·
I would highly doubt that a brand new tire is being manufactured for this vehicle. It's probably getting a tire that's already on the market so the performance characteristics of that tire are already known.

In other words depending on what your wants are for tires it would be easy to pick something else to meet those needs.

If I had to guess this car's going to get Michelin energy or Michelin primacy tires based on Ford's relationship with Michelin and the fact that this is a premium vehicle
I think the point was to run the factory tires and wheels first to see what performance you get from the whole system (car + wheel + tires) based on where and how YOU drive, and then switch out the tires or wheels to determine the difference.

#17 ·
In this image from Ford, the wheel wells look particularly shallow, especially the rear clearance from the multi-link suspension. Adding wider wheels may require additional hardware, and new well trim to accommodate for the protrusion.

Any new owners able to gauge the clearance?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.