Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm convinced my car is supposed to have BlueCruise. Why does it have BlueCruise and Hands Free everywhere on the screen? Why does it have driver facing cameras and IR illumination??

See photos. Serial numbers have been anonymized.

Last September I bought a Mach E, supposedly it was BlueCruise ready.

1. The app and website kept said "BlueCruise coming soon"

2. I got a notification to bring the car to the dealership to get the Bluecruise update done (or wait an indefinite amount of time to get it OTA) so..

3. I took it in. They botched it somehow.

4. The car was showing that I was hands-free mode even when parked and all ADAS was busted, ACC, etc. All dead.

5. I was told I needed a new module because they screwed the old one up, and it was the chip shortage, etc, and finally we got it and put it in.

6. Still NO BLUECRUISE.

7. Worse, it's no longer showing in the app and website as "coming soon" - This is the critical item. Ford is no help. I'm getting blown off!!

8. Harassed Ford customer service, got a case number. Waited for a call. Got one, told to wait more.

9. Called to ask WTF a few months later, and they said my car didn't actually have BlueCruise so... that I should go climb a tree! WHAT THE DEVIL?!?!!? Look at my window sticker!! According to the web site, the prep package IS BlueCruise!!

See photos. Am I crazy? This is a BlueCruise capable car, so why is Ford not fixing this problem that their dealers created? Help or suggestions!!

I respect the fact that this is probably a complicated problem, but I've really been let down by Ford's customer service over and over again and now I'm actually being gas-lighted by their engineers. What the heck!!?!?!?!?

· Registered
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
482 Posts
I'm convinced my car is supposed to have BlueCruise. Why does it have BlueCruise and Hands Free everywhere on the screen? Why does it have driver facing cameras and IR illumination??

2. I got a notification to bring the car to the dealership to get the Bluecruise update done (or wait an indefinite amount of time to get it OTA) so..

4. The car was showing that I was hands-free mode even when parked and all ADAS was busted, ACC, etc. All dead.

5. I was told I needed a new module because they screwed the old one up, and it was the chip shortage, etc, and finally we got it and put it in.

6. Still NO BLUECRUISE.

7. Worse, it's no longer showing in the app and website as "coming soon" - This is the critical item. Ford is no help. I'm getting blown off!!

8. Harassed Ford customer service, got a case number. Waited for a call. Got one, told to wait more.

9. Called to ask WTF a few months later, and they said my car didn't actually have BlueCruise so... that I should go climb a tree! WHAT THE DEVIL?!?!!? Look at my window sticker!! According to the web site, the prep package IS BlueCruise!!

See photos. Am I crazy? This is a BlueCruise capable car, so why is Ford not fixing this problem that their dealers created? Help or suggestions!!

I respect the fact that this is probably a complicated problem, but I've really been let down by Ford's customer service over and over again and now I'm actually being gas-lighted by their engineers. What the heck!!?!?!?!?
You have an early 2021which came with the prep package. BlueCruise was added, likely in spring 2022, either by a dealer or via OTA updates. The Bluecruise maps show an April 13, 2023 expiration, so you should be all set.

Do you know that you need to be on a divided highway with lane centering turned on? What is the car telling you when you enable cruise?

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have an early 2021which came with the prep package. BlueCruise was added, likely in spring 2022, either by a dealer or via OTA updates. The Bluecruise maps show an April 13, 2023 expiration, so you should be all set.

Do you know that you need to be on a divided highway with lane centering turned on? What is the car telling you when you enable cruise?
Indeed, on June 5, 2022 is when I took it in to he dealership and when things started to go badly. For example, when I turned the car on after the first servicing, where they were supposed to update to use BlueCruise, THIS is what I saw. GACK!!! Hands free, parked in the bushes. Okay... NO ADAS features, no ACC, NUTHIN. Of course I was hands-free! The car was parked!!

I freaked out and brought it back immediately, and they ordered a module that took forever to arrive, and supposedly installed it. My bet is it was not the right module, or it wasn't programmed.

As for now??
Good reminder for the divided highway. This was something I was aware of. I'm definitely driving on mapped roads.
Thankfully, the car had returned to something approaching normal: I can use the hands-on, but this is as fancy as it gets now.

The big problem is now, however, that there's NO option in the owner portal to enable BlueCruise. But there used to be "Bluecruise Coming Soon!! Learn More!" But after the module debacle, it's gone. Now all I have is this, plus Alexa at the bottom of the list.

BUT never had this!! EVER!!

I want to get to the bottom of this but Ford is unwilling to help at this point. It's pretty obvious that this is too much trouble for them to help one guy. It's easier to just blow them off.

So what do I do now??

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So I got on the line with Ford - And the dealer installed the wrong module - something about the D.I.D. decoding being wrong.

BECAUSE THE DEALER PUT A NON-BLUECRUISE MODULE IN THE CAR AFTER THEY BRICKED THE ORIGINAL WITH THE WRONG FIRMWARE :-(

Gonna have a nice time with this one. Keeping the group posted...

· Registered
2 Posts

6. Still NO BLUECRUISE.

View attachment 8905
View attachment 8906

View attachment 8900

View attachment 8899

View attachment 8901
View attachment 8904
View attachment 8903
View attachment 8902
Contact @mrlevine on Twitter, this is the Ford guy that should help. We hope.

· Registered
55 Posts

6. Still NO BLUECRUISE.

View attachment 8905
View attachment 8906

View attachment 8900

View attachment 8899

View attachment 8901
View attachment 8904
View attachment 8903
View attachment 8902
@Ford Motor Company help them.....looks like they've done all they should do on their end.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Update: This has become tremendously ugly. I've gone and taken the car back to the dealership, and with all my stamping and screaming, I managed to get one of the higher up lackeys in the department to drive the car with me in it so I could show him what was going on.

He hopped in, we got on the interstate 5 highway, and he engaged cruse control with lane centering (HANDS ON) and proceeded to take his hands away, quickly triggering the nag screen to take control of the vehicle. He did this 4-5 times and to this he declared that "Bluecruise is working, what's the problem?" and "Customer is a fool" was essentially written on my paperwork and I was sent home.

As to the identity of the module that was replaced, the dealership could produce no paperwork and the technician could recall no such service, however I learned through a phone rep at Ford that a module had in fact been ordered against my VIN number (an APM or some other 3-letter) module, and ostensibly installed. And the dealer has no recollection or paper trail. This does even more to make me believe they run a sloppy operation. I filed a complaint against the dealership today. It seems petty, but I don't think they should be messing with this sort of stuff without a whole lot more training, certification, and and audit of their systems. How do you lose an entire job's paperwork like that???

However, what's more fun is that because there's now this mismatched module / mismatched software load and the car appears as BlueCruise inelegible according to Ford. Despite the window sticker, and despite the presence of the hardware.

What everybody is missing is that the car shows up as BlueCruise ineligible BECAUSE of what was done to it by the service department in Glendale . I know somebody can fix this... I have a certain new dealership in Southbay that is taking a far more serious and interested look at the case, and is going over the details long before just blurting out "Just bring it in" and I definitely appreciate this prudent and conscientious approach, but without the dedicated help of the @Ford Motor Company I'm afraid that the damage caused by the shop in Glendale will be irreparable and I'll be stuck with a car that can't use the features I paid for. Who's going to actually listen to me this time?

I feel that I sent my prized stallion stud in to be shoed, and when I got him back he had been castrated, and it was explained to me that this is how he was born.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So great news - A different dealership is listenign to me, and botherred to call Ford and get more info on the case. Turns out the car has BlueCruise hardware, (like I've been saying all along) and that the folks in Dearborn have confirmed that there are actually weird things going on with some parameters that are causing the problem I've been describing for the better part of a year.

There's a meeting in two weeks at the new dealership when a nice fella from Ford with a laptop comes to town and supposedly corrects it all. It also sounds like...they might be able to fix it OTA or FDRS or whatever theyr'e calling it, but that's just a little too crazy :p almost like...phones and computers for the past 15 years.

Wish me luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts