Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
My MME is back in the shop at this moment for brakes AGAIN. This will be the 4th set of new brake pads since Jan. Initially the technician told me I needed to "wear" the brakes in. Finally brought it in so they could repair the chip in the paint that I noticed when they took it off the delivery truck. So far FIVE trips to the shop resulting in 4 new brake pads and 3 times rotating and cleaning rotors.They never provide a loaner. My vehicle has only 3400 miles on it. I have an open case with Ford and still no one is able to figure out why this grinding noise persists. It goes away and then returns about a week or less sometimes after the new pads. I like the MME but I'm over it at this point.
I can really feel your pain. Sadly

My dealership put on new brakes about a month ago - they said a bulletin came out that provided didn't part numbers than they previously used. It took about a month of those parts to come in. But. BUT! I haven't had the noise come back yet!

Now, on a side note, this problem with my brakes only started to happen in November when I had snow tires put on. And last brake visit, I had snow tires taken off. I have no idea why that would be causing this issue, but it seems to be an odd coincidence. I guess test will come when snow tires go back on in December.

On a side note, my auto unlock and PAAK don't work now again. I was told my PAAK would 100% work after the time I was locked out of my car about 30 mins from my house. And PAAK somehow disconnected me in the 10 minutes I had parked my car.

My friend just bought a Model Y Tesla and I never wanted a Tesla until a mechanic came out to her house last week for a service call.

·
Registered
1 Posts
July update to this thread: My dealer just made me pay for new rear brake pads because they told me that one pedal driving was causing them to wear down. (Obviously, they don’t understand what OPD is). I paid for the pads, warranty covered resurfacing the rotors, but the front pads are so backordered they just tried to clean them up. My brakes are hissing and still taking wayyyyy too long to stop me, it’s really not safe.

@Ford Motor Company Can you do anything for this?

·
Registered
495 Posts
With one pedal driving you should use the brakes at least lightly often enough to keep rust for pitting the discs. A light film does no harm. From the complaints I've seen here, Ford may be using a steel that is too susceptible to rust. Tesla recently added a software change that causes the brakes to lightly apply if it senses they are wet from rain. Most cars suffer from brake disc rust if not used periodically.

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
178 Posts
I have had my MME first edition since April 2021. The front and rear brake pads were sticking to the rotors after about 6 months which causes brake pad material to stick to the rotor. This caused brake rubbing noise. I asked my dealer what could be done and they implemented the fix as per Ford service bulletin. Resurfaced rotors and installed new pads. This solved the problem for about 4 months. Then the front rotors started to shudder when slowing down on 1 pedal and when applying the brakes at higher speeds.

my dealer replaced the front rotors only. The pads were still good. All is good now.

I am watching the brake rotors closely for surface rust or pitting as that appears to be the root cause. 1 pedal driving rarely uses the brakes and does not appear to clean up the rotors quickly enough. So when I see the rust, I turn off 1 pedal driving for a short period until the rotors are clean of rust.

I had a Chevy Bolt for 5 years and the rotors and pads needed replacing after 5 years which is pretty good considering I live in Ontario Canada where winter and salt are both hard on brakes.

I hope these new brakes on the MME last longer.
ps. My Dealer, Leslie Motors provides excellent service and is one of the reasons why I chose buying an Ford MME instead of a Tesla model Y.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I have had my MME first edition since April 2021. The front and rear brake pads were sticking to the rotors after about 6 months which causes brake pad material to stick to the rotor. This caused brake rubbing noise. I asked my dealer what could be done and they implemented the fix as per Ford service bulletin. Resurfaced rotors and installed new pads. This solved the problem for about 4 months. Then the front rotors started to shudder when slowing down on 1 pedal and when applying the brakes at higher speeds.

my dealer replaced the front rotors only. The pads were still good. All is good now.

I am watching the brake rotors closely for surface rust or pitting as that appears to be the root cause. 1 pedal driving rarely uses the brakes and does not appear to clean up the rotors quickly enough. So when I see the rust, I turn off 1 pedal driving for a short period until the rotors are clean of rust.

I had a Chevy Bolt for 5 years and the rotors and pads needed replacing after 5 years which is pretty good considering I live in Ontario Canada where winter and salt are both hard on brakes.

I hope these new brakes on the MME last longer.
ps. My Dealer, Leslie Motors provides excellent service and is one of the reasons why I chose buying an Ford MME instead of a Tesla model Y.
yeah this damage to the rotors seems to be from using 1 pedal driving. 7k miles on mine, never used 1 pedal and rotors are pristine.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts