Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at my dealer today and was able to get a brochure while I was waiting on tires on my Escape. But they know nothing about the orders opening up on the 22nd. They also said they had a COVID case at the plant and had to close for two weeks and just opened back up??

·
Registered
Grabber Blue FE
109 Posts
Oooh I want one! Have not seen anything anywhere about the assembly line getting shut down but would not be surprised.

·
Super Moderator
1,462 Posts
Were they wearing masks?
Fords new protocols mandate masks and face shields, etc.
but once you leave the factory, each worker has to continue to take precautions on their own.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Were they wearing masks?
If you meant at the dealership, inconsistent. Some yes, some no. Some wearing them pulled down below their face. Service manager was. I was one of only two customers wearing one.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oooh I want one! Have not seen anything anywhere about the assembly line getting shut down but would not be surprised.
Nothing in the brochure was new - photos or information, and it was not a book, but a fold out. Glad I got it, but it is pretty vanilla when it comes to anything new or of further interest.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,134 Posts
I communicated with my contact in the Cuautitlan plant earlier this week. They said nothing about any shutdowns since they came back to work. Most dealers are far less informed than we are here. What you probably heard was a rumor related to the Detroit plant COVID-19 cases we already heard about.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I communicated with my contact in the Cuautitlan plant earlier this week. They said nothing about any shutdowns since they came back to work. Most dealers are far less informed than we are here. What you probably heard was a rumor related to the Detroit plant COVID-19 cases we already heard about.
I figured. I already knew more about what was going on with orders when I walked in the door. It amazes me these guys just sit around instead of researching what is going on with the products they sell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts