Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me impatient. I have my build date. What are thoughts on the timing for delivery to my dealership? I happen to be in Michigan.

Build date plus X weeks?

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts
Call me impatient. I have my build date. What are thoughts on the timing for delivery to my dealership? I happen to be in Michigan.

Build date plus X weeks?
About four weeks is our best estimate.

We are approaching the finish-line, keep the faith!

·
Registered
6 Posts

Build date plus X weeks?
I spoke to my Ford dealership this morning (Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor), as I was curious about this as well. My contact there (a salesman) told me that the first batches of newer models often get shipped to a central location where they are temporary held and audited/checked by Ford for consistency, build quality, etc. before going on to dealerships for sale. He said that he's seen some cars get held up in that process for up to a month; especially new designs hitting the market. Hopefully it won't be that long for you...

·
Registered
12 Posts
unfortunately new model hold ups in the final delivery chain are pretty common. I've seen this first hand on similar new model early orders.

·
Registered
Star White Premium AWD ER
34 Posts
I had a build date of November 17, and my dealer expect the car mid january, we have so many estimate that I can just say we will know when someone actually have his car

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts
I had a build date of November 17, and my dealer expect the car mid january, we have so many estimate that I can just say we will know when someone actually have his car
Does the system say your car is built now?

Reactions: RvEe

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
932 Posts
In the CONUS (lower 48) the build to delivery time is starting to shape up to around three weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Build date plus X weeks?
Figure 4-5 weeks. My build date is 12.14.20 & projected ETA 1.5.21
Ross

·
Registered
3 Posts
I spoke to my Ford dealership this morning (Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor), as I was curious about this as well. My contact there (a salesman) told me that the first batches of newer models often get shipped to a central location where they are temporary held and audited/checked by Ford for consistency, build quality, etc. before going on to dealerships for sale. He said that he's seen some cars get held up in that process for up to a month; especially new designs hitting the market. Hopefully it won't be that long for you...
My dealer in L.A. said, almost word for word, the same thing.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Yes I had a build date for the week of 11/23 and still have not seen any updates to my order. Bummed it’s not in production yet.
One of the other threads mentioned something about a slight delay at the Mexico plant nothing significant but a hold up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just checked fordpass and it shows awaiting activation. So there is sone progress happening in mexico.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Just checked fordpass and it shows awaiting activation. So there is sone progress happening in mexico.
The line is still working but it stated that something was taking longer than expected and that they were looking into the why

1 - 19 of 19 Posts