Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I preordered a Mustang Mach e back in November 2019. I ordered the Mach e in June 2020. I revised the order with the dealer in August 2020. The dealer repeatedly told me the revised order (a Premium RWD Extended Range) would be built. When I got the notice in December 2020 that the original California Rt 1 was scheduled to be built the dealer told me not to worry. The California Rt 1 got built with a delivery date of next month. The dealer said sorry and maybe I’ll get my deposit back. Now I’m left with no car. Very disappointed. The VIN is 3FMTK2R75MMA05793. Just sharing my frustration.

·
Super Moderator
1,886 Posts
I preordered a Mustang Mach e back in November 2019. I ordered the Mach e in June 2020. I revised the order with the dealer in August 2020. The dealer repeatedly told me the revised order (a Premium RWD Extended Range) would be built. When I got the notice in December 2020 that the original California Rt 1 was scheduled to be built the dealer told me not to worry. The California Rt 1 got built with a delivery date of next month. The dealer said sorry and maybe I’ll get my deposit back. Now I’m left with no car. Very disappointed. The VIN is 3FMTK2R75MMA05793. Just sharing my frustration.
There are others that may be turned away at purchase time. The least your dealer can do is put the request out to the network.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
1,272 Posts
I hate to be conspiratorial but what your dealer did was possibly a great way for them to get a vehicle sooner and in a greater amount than what would be their allotment. I would insist as @MachDrive posted that the dealer put a request out to the system for a swap.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Did you document and get acknowledgement from the dealer/salesperson? With things like this I always like to have an email, letter, or other documentation with a name of A person. You might want to contact Ford directly with the documentation and see if you can get a car you want built sooner. Worth a try.

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X705F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
1) That’s not right and I’m sorry. I switched from Rt1 to Premium and it was changed no problem.
2) Reach out to the Ford order team directly and see what they can do. Also dealer may be able to dealer trade with another dealer who has a customer in the same predicament. You may need to be flexible on color but from the posts I’m seeing other may have the issue.
3) Hit the web! There is a great post the other day about dealers who may have units available soon for sale or people cancelling an order they no longer want.
4) THEY CANNOT I REPEAT CANNOT JUST KEEP YOUR DEPOSIT FOR THEIR MISTAKE. You did what you were supposed to do. Make sure when you contact Ford directly, give them ALL communications that you have proof of.

Ford corporate frowns upon stuff like this, especially with the eyes on them with the launch of a new car.

use that to your advantage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts