Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was an early reservation holder and converted to an order, but as a renter with no charging options the many fine posts here and reviews suggest I'll not enjoy the limits of the current charging network. Honestly, I'm a tad surprised given where I live (West Los Angeles) that fast charging for non-Tesla's is essentially non-existent except for a Volkswagen dealership, but the pandemic also may have put a stop to the promised expansion of fast charging stations. So I regretfully will not be able to go for the MachE Premium standard range RWD despite what appears to be a great price thanks to Federal and State tax credits.

Anyway, this is a longwinded way of asking if anyone has thoughts on anything related to cancelling an order so as to not have it be overly dramatic with the dealer or somehow cost me my deposit. I know little about car buying or leasing, but also wonder if I should not be wasting the opportunity and somehow helping someone down the list by trying to fulfill the order but flipping it some way to another fan of the car. Like I said, it's a bummer as this is a dream car in so many ways to me, but I sense it'll be another few years before non-homeowners like me can enjoy the car and it's many benefits. Thanks for any tips!

PS - Mine was scheduled for production the week of November 30 but I have not heard a thing from the dealer or Ford lately. The order number was in the 100052XX category for those following the details.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,774 Posts
I am in a similar situation: without a viable lease I also will not take delivery of my FE.

About a month ago, on this forum and the MaceEForum.com I posted the above, and if anyone is interested in taking my FE, it is color Rapid Red, to contact me otherwise I would leave it to my dealer to sell it to some else.. My production date is December 6.

So far no one has contacted me. Of course almost everyone on this site has an order placed for the MME, but still I find it strange than one one has contacted me about the possibility of getting a FE - remember Ford said they were sold out.

In NY, without a signed contract, the dealer is required to refund my deposit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I suspect the dealership would gladly refund your deposit and sell the vehicle to the highest bidder when it comes in!💰

·
Registered
362 Posts
EA has chargers in Torrance, Rolling Hills and Carson in West LA. Call up the EA map and see where the chargers are in relation to your driving.

I live on public charging and it works.

·
Registered
Currently: 2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mach E AWD ER ; Previously: 2009 Ford Focus.
193 Posts
Does this end up killing the battery? I would have to live off public charging too. But everything I am reading seems to say it will quickly kill the battery.

EA has chargers in Torrance, Rolling Hills and Carson in West LA. Call up the EA map and see where the chargers are in relation to your driving.

I live on public charging and it works.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Does this end up killing the battery? I would have to live off public charging too. But everything I am reading seems to say it will quickly kill the battery.
My battery degradation at 18 months, 25,000 miles was 6% which is probably twice what someone home charging would see. And that flattens out after 2nd year.

So it does increase battery degradation but not that much that you can't live on the fast DC charging.

Real issue is that on day to day, you run on 75% of the battery (don't discharge below 10% and don't charge beyond 85%) and then real world takes 10% of that and winter will take 25% of that so you have to be prepared for charging every day or two for 30 minutes.

You want to locate the fast DC chargers you will be using day to day and make sure your work, daily and recreational travel routes have fast DC charging available.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Anyway, this is a longwinded way of asking if anyone has thoughts on anything related to cancelling an order so as to not have it be overly dramatic with the dealer or somehow cost me my deposit.
My reservation coverted to order and dealer is not offering to refund it when I told them I can't take delivery in March 2021. I think they may be afraid that MachE's are not going to sell so they want to use me as an insurance policy. My guess is they'll have a lot of offers if I can't take it and they'll give me my deposit back.

In your case, just tell them the the truth about why you want to cancel and see what they say.

End of the day, I think you'll get your deposit back so don't burn any bridges with them. Let the dealer see what the demand is for the MachE.

·
Registered
Currently: 2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mach E AWD ER ; Previously: 2009 Ford Focus.
193 Posts
Really appreciate you taking time to provide real world feedback. This helps me feel better of sticking with my MME purchase!

My battery degradation at 18 months, 25,000 miles was 6% which is probably twice what someone home charging would see. And that flattens out after 2nd year.

So it does increase battery degradation but not that much that you can't live on the fast DC charging.

Real issue is that on day to day, you run on 75% of the battery (don't discharge below 10% and don't charge beyond 85%) and then real world takes 10% of that and winter will take 25% of that so you have to be prepared for charging every day or two for 30 minutes.

You want to locate the fast DC chargers you will be using day to day and make sure your work, daily and recreational travel routes have fast DC charging available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts