Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I couldn't find anything when I searched Bumps....maybe this is just me.

Does anyone else notice this car cannot handle speed bumps, or dips in the road? It is painful, feels like I'm in high school again at the back of the school bus getting thrown by bumps. I let me cousin drive so I could sit in the backseat and it's brutal.

Anyone else have this issue? Any idea how to make the ride smoother when hitting speed bumps or just bad roads?

My previous nissan sentra felt better then this thing on specific bumps.

Disclaimer: outside of this random annoyance the car drives amazing, I think that's why it annoys me so.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If I don't go slow enough the back tires feel like they slip every now and then over speed bumps or when pulling into a car wash and driving over the sensor. I have the rwd and my previous car was a Cx5 and it didn't have any problem. Today they squealed a little going around a corner and I wasn't going very fast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve noticed the same thing - it doesn’t feel refined at all over bumps. I heard the magnetic suspension in the GT is significantly better but have not personally experienced it. Weird how the car is like driving butter on smooth roads but a go-kart on anything else.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve noticed the same thing - it doesn’t feel refined at all over bumps. I heard the magnetic suspension in the GT is significantly better but have not personally experienced it. Weird how the car is like driving butter on smooth roads but a go-kart on anything else.
I wonder if any recall can be done or something, it’s brutal. Sadly part of my every day drive has two sections of uneven roads and every time I am just like…this has to be fixable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I didn’t notice a big difference when comparing the mme rwd to my audi q5, having a fairly stiff ride but solid feel. Very similar. Perhaps you are comparing a luxury car to it?

when I drove the test mme the first thing I noticed was how similar both cars rode. Including sitting position, seat comfort and ride. I was pleased! Usually when you try a new car there are all sorts of things I dont like, but not with the mache. The awd one I tried was not as pleasant to drive, a little jumpy, but drive setting adustments may help, i truly dontknow. The fact that both demo cars were so different leaves me hoping for good results.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,580 Posts
This has been a topic raised in several posts on the forum. While I haven't had an issue with the ride under various road conditions, this maybe due in part to the fact that most of my vehicles in the last two decades have all been sport type vehicles eg. BMW M, Caddy CTS V w MagneRide, Jag F, Audi S5 with "tight" suspensions as well as the fact that the MMe is a SUV weighing nearly 2.5 ton so I was expecting a 'firm' ride.
As to speed bumps I tend to take them at a rolling speed mostly due to the electronics in most newer vehicles and my concern for the potential of shaking something loose. As to the MagneRide, I believe that the system is designed for cornering when high speed tracking and not necessarily to dampen rough roads although it may accomplish both.

·
Registered
2021 MME GTPE DMG
31 Posts
The Magnaride in the GTPE does feel good. It's sporty, and definitely stiffer in Unbridled mode, but not a hard jarring. On the softest setting, it's definitely not plush like Cadillac luxury, but it soaks up the bumps well without disrupting the vehicle. I'd love to drive a Standard GT now to feel the difference.

·
Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
298 Posts
This has been a topic raised in several posts on the forum. While I haven't had an issue with the ride under various road conditions, this maybe due in part to the fact that most of my vehicles in the last two decades have all been sport type vehicles eg. BMW M, Caddy CTS V w MagneRide, Jag F, Audi S5 with "tight" suspensions as well as the fact that the MMe is a SUV weighing nearly 2.5 ton so I was expecting a 'firm' ride.
As to speed bumps I tend to take them at a rolling speed mostly due to the electronics in most newer vehicles and my concern for the potential of shaking something loose. As to the MagneRide, I believe that the system is designed for cornering when high speed tracking and not necessarily to dampen rough roads although it may accomplish both.
While at Mustang Week, Myrtle Beach, I spoke with a Ford rep who has driven the MME GT Performance. He believes the Magna-Ride does improve the ride on the street cruising around the awful streets of Detroit / Dearborn.
BTW, there were no MME GT's at the show.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,580 Posts
While at Mustang Week, Myrtle Beach, I spoke with a Ford rep who has driven the MME GT Performance. He believes the Magna-Ride does improve the ride on the street cruising around the awful streets of Detroit / Dearborn.
BTW, there were no MME GT's at the show.
That's good to know ,thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
So, I couldn't find anything when I searched Bumps....maybe this is just me.

Does anyone else notice this car cannot handle speed bumps, or dips in the road? It is painful, feels like I'm in high school again at the back of the school bus getting thrown by bumps. I let me cousin drive so I could sit in the backseat and it's brutal.
Yes I have noticed that and more so on dips then bumps. This is one intersection where I move to the right lane to miss the dip. On speed bumps I use a tried and true method I learned from my high school driving instructor and metal shop teacher. Slow down and then accelerate over the bump, works like a champ.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also noted the bumpy ride on rough roads and speed bumps. Then I saw that when delivered the tires were a bit overinflated - 41 psi. I reduced the pressure a bit and that seemed to help the ride quality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts