Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should be a love story... became an horror movie. Long story but please read it... (Ford representatives too if you care)
Bought a GT... white... lovely... paid in full.
Took it out of dealer for ONE day.... and call back delaer with.. no cameras on car. Told to reset car etc... instead took it back to dealer
On the way to dealer also noticed a squeeking sound when car was on small and slow bumps (off camber)... getting into parking lots... like a $500 20 year old car. Coming from the dashboard.
After 1 day I was told... ups.. cameras are non existent on this version (I was previously told it had 360 cameras) - after googling found out... dealer was wrong... only backward camera.
Now the funny thing came afeter 2 more days... the NOISE????? it is a welding issue on the frame...!!!! WHAT???????? >$60k with 20miles with welding issue? oh.. and they are taking it to a specialized body shop to repair it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just said... NO WAY. NOBODY will cut metal/welds on MY brand new car. Or should I say I DON'T WANT THAT CAR ANYMORE????
Got finally Ford involved and of course they are too slow... 2 weeks and no car... etc...
Dealer in the meantime had a GT performance available... and told me if I pay the difference... they take my "old" squeeking car back and I take the new GTPE. so now I am at $77k mark....
Ford in the meantime called me everyday... too many questions... and conclusion was NONE. THEY DID NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here I go driving my new GTPE.... all was good...traffic, you can't go pass 70....
Next day I go beyind 70.... (I know... wild right... and too difficult with that car... :) ) and I find now a vibration noise. ( I read about this on the forum a lot). Sounds like plastic or thin metal vibrating when around 70 mph... or cross winds. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME quality.... talk to delaer.. and they say...take it in to see. Haven't had a chance... I actually need to do other stuff besides heading up to the dealer to get new car fixed!
So as of today... I have a vibration noise around 70mph.... rear door sounds like crap when closing (the vibration might come from the door inners)....
Range on that car was advertised 260???? Maximum I got was 210!!!
Oh... and I had to reset car computer because GPS went off on the car. had to reset all cellphone connections etc...
computer is pretty slow at startup also!

Oh...one good thing.... car has an insane drive!

So FORD????? TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!!! TERRIBLE QUALITY CONTROL!!!!!
I have a Hyundai Palisade... awesome car. Awesome service!

·
Registered
5 Posts
What should be a love story... became an horror movie. Long story but please read it... (Ford representatives too if you care)
Took it out of dealer for ONE day.... and call back delaer with.. no cameras on car. Told to reset car etc... instead took it back to dealer
On the way to dealer also noticed a squeeking sound when car was on small and slow bumps (off camber)... getting into parking lots... like a $500 20 year old car. Coming from the dashboard.
After 1 day I was told... ups.. cameras are non existent on this version (I was previously told it had 360 cameras) - after googling found out... dealer was wrong... only backward camera.
Now the funny thing came afeter 2 more days... the NOISE????? it is a welding issue on the frame...!!!! WHAT???????? >$60k with 20miles with welding issue? oh.. and they are taking it to a specialized body shop to repair it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just said... NO WAY. NOBODY will cut metal/welds on MY brand new car. Or should I say I DON'T WANT THAT CAR ANYMORE????
Got finally Ford involved and of course they are too slow... 2 weeks and no car... etc...
Dealer in the meantime had a GT performance available... and told me if I pay the difference... they take my "old" squeeking car back and I take the new GTPE. so now I am at $77k mark....
Ford in the meantime called me everyday... too many questions... and conclusion was NONE. THEY DID NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here I go driving my new GTPE.... all was good...traffic, you can't go pass 70....
Next day I go beyind 70.... (I know... wild right... and too difficult with that car... :) ) and I find now a vibration noise. ( I read about this on the forum a lot). Sounds like plastic or thin metal vibrating when around 70 mph... or cross winds. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME quality.... talk to delaer.. and they say...take it in to see. Haven't had a chance... I actually need to do other stuff besides heading up to the dealer to get new car fixed!
So as of today... I have a vibration noise around 70mph.... rear door sounds like crap when closing (the vibration might come from the door inners)....
Oh... and I had to reset car computer because GPS went off on the car. had to reset all cellphone connections etc...

All cars get sucky range/MPG in winter. Also, if you drive aggressively, you won’t get the range advertised. All cars are subject to this, regardless of powertrain. The advertised range (or MPG) is what the car got using the standardized tests that the EPA does. This is the same test that every car, regardless of powertrain, goes through. There has never been a guarantee that you will get that figure.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Sorry to hear that my friend....I am expecting mine in April time frame with build date week of 2/14/22.....Let's hope my GTPE won't have those issues as I think you were just unlucky......Best of luck

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Sorry to hear that my friend....I am expecting mine in April time frame with build date week of 2/14/22.....Let's hope my GTPE won't have those issues as I think you were just unlucky......Best of luck
Unlucky TWICE .......I think NOT !

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welding issue would do it for me as well I think. But, on my GT and the prior First Edition I had, I have no weird noises or rattles and am quite happy with my GT in general, other than the slow OTA updates. Range has been acceptable in 20-40 temps as long as you don't over do it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This sounds terrible, if I had this many issues I will be getting rid of the car also. Get a lawyer involved or media; it seems companies respond quickly if you get social media involved as they do NOT like negative publicity. I can understand quality control issues, but not BAD customer service. If there is an issue they need to take care of it and make it easier for customer to get resolved. Luckily I had not had any major issues with the car, taking it in for 10 k service next week and 21P22 update and ask about Recalls. We shall see. The range is dismal yes, I have an AWD ER which should be 270 miles but in Colorado on winter I am around 215-220 at most in around town mixed driving.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

The range numbers you got are to be expected depending on the weather and how the car is driven. but the build quality issues are unacceptable and I'm sorry to hear about it happening to you twice. Interesting to hear you switched to a Palisade. You weren't interested in getting another EV?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
All cars get sucky range/MPG in winter. Also, if you drive aggressively, you won’t get the range advertised. All cars are subject to this, regardless of powertrain. The advertised range (or MPG) is what the car got using the standardized tests that the EPA does. This is the same test that every car, regardless of powertrain, goes through. There has never been a guarantee that you will get that figure.
Yup those range numbers are under ideal circumstances and can be all over the place for each driver.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yup those range numbers are under ideal circumstances and can be all over the place for each driver.
Not ideal circumstances. Just under the specific test conditions outlined by the EPA. There are plenty of owners who exceed the EPA results in summer, and get sucky results in winter.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,912 Posts
Still does not explain why buy hyundai instead...
Agree, since there are almost 30,000 Mach E s on the road and unfortunately one poster got two 'bad ones', what's to say that when Hyundai has 30,000 IONIQ 5s on the road there won't be problems. In general Hyundai's are not known for flawless vehicles. As with any manufacturer it's a 'crap shoot' on having issues.

·
Registered
35 Posts

We have a GTP since oct and 1500 miles with no issues. I read so many problems exist and everyone should check your states lemon law. Ours in Pa are very strong with free legal services. Hope you get some relief. Dealers ever statecall suck..morons..especially the way they treat us seniors. We bought on line and gave the dealer written instructions on delivery. They used our car as a racing machine clocking in at 220 miles range at 100 pct at 70deg at Daly. With 29 miles clocked on the odometer. They had more excuses about how that happened blaming the factory. EV should never have dealers involved in the buying process and do ever transaction online.

·
Registered
236 Posts

Sorry to hear it. Mine has been nearly perfect. But your problems should not happen, I agree.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts