Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to purchase the [19″ Shadow Silver Aluminum Wheel w/ Black Painted Aero Cover] without buying the Appearance Package for the Select model. I'm planning on getting a California Rt 1 Edition but I'd think those Black Painted wheels would go really well on it. The 18' wheels just seem a bit small for how big the wheel well is for the car. Maybe someone in the SEA area is planning to get the Appearance Package and wants to swap wheels/tires? Probably not but worth bringing up :p Thanks for any thoughts!

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback / 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD SR
75 Posts
Haha I took the Appearance package mostly for the heated seat and steering wheel. I like the wheel from the Premium model better than the Aero one. But we are not really close that won't be a good deal :p

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm sure you'll be able to buy the parts individually once the cars are in dealerships. But then you'd have to sell your old wheels

And OEM wheels are VERY expensive.

You'd be better off finding something similar in the aftermarket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't have an issue selling the old wheels but I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for anything that pops up and then figure out what would be good for the price. I just wonder how long things like this will be on back order.

·
Super Moderator
1,244 Posts
I wouldn't have an issue selling the old wheels but I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for anything that pops up and then figure out what would be good for the price. I just wonder how long things like this will be on back order.
There are plenty of wheels in the aftermarket.
To reduce the impact on your mileage when changing wheels, make sure they are aerodynamic, light-weight, and you use low roll resistance tires.

Another thing to consider: The larger and heavier the wheel, the harsher the ride because of the added unsprung weight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts