Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
My Mustang Mach E is closing in on 10,000 miles and I recently got this email from my local dealer, Frontier Ford in Santa Clara. I called and the person on the phone really couldn't explain to me what 'service' this is for other than to provide me with an appointment. She also mentioned that this is every 10,000 miles. Is this true?

My only guess of what they can do is to rotate the tires. I wonder what other service they will do and how much they will charge me.

If anyone has done this, please let me know. What does this service include? What was your cost?

Thanks!
Kwai

·
Registered
36 Posts
This thread may have the answer you are looking for:
Maintenance Schedule
Basically basic stuff that really anyone could do and may or may not need.

When I bought the car I did "prepay the 10,000 and 20,000 maintenance" but that was because of Ford Rewards. Buying the car gave me the points to pay for the service which I wasn't going to use the points for anything else. My account still has the points so I am not sure I was actually ever charged for them.

·
Registered
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
316 Posts
Why are you guessing [scratches head] when your manual clearly states it? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,225 Posts
Hi everyone,
My Mustang Mach E is closing in on 10,000 miles and I recently got this email from my local dealer, Frontier Ford in Santa Clara. I called and the person on the phone really couldn't explain to me what 'service' this is for other than to provide me with an appointment. She also mentioned that this is every 10,000 miles. Is this true?

My only guess of what they can do is to rotate the tires. I wonder what other service they will do and how much they will charge me.

If anyone has done this, please let me know. What does this service include? What was your cost?

Thanks!
Kwai
View attachment 8133
I had it done and used my Ford points, so it was 'free'. You are correct in that it includes tire rotation as well as 'mechanical checks' to see if anything is ready to fall off the vehicle.

·
Registered
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
316 Posts
The last time I had an alignment done without having to do one due to suspension failure was forever ago. I do balance the wheels each time I rotate.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you miss it, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. But the tire rotation is a good idea and it doesn't hurt to have a good look around. A cracked boot or a loose fitting could cause major problems later. It will also give you more leverage if there is a warranty issue in the future. "You didn't have it properly serviced" vs. "You should have seen that in the inspection." CYA

·
Registered
12 Posts
My dealer charged me 5990 reward points ($30) for the 10K service. That basically covered the tire rotation. All the inspections (brakes, suspension, cooling system) were free of charge, much to my delight. Try that with an ICE car!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
All the inspections (brakes, suspension, cooling system) were free of charge, much to my delight. Try that with an ICE car!
When I have the oil changed in my Ford Edge, an ICE, all the above inspections are also "done" at no extra cost.

Having said that, I am not naive enough to believe that any of the above inspections were actually done.

Years ago when I worked on cars those inspections were called a shelf job: after changing the oil and filter, lube the ball joints, (there were not permanently sealed) we put the car on the far wall under a shelf, waited 20 minutes and then delivered the car to the customer!

Nowadays high end dealers instead of shelf job, will wash your car!

·
Registered
2021 Ford, Mach-E
12 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Kwai View attachment 8133
The Ford Pass APP has the answers to each of your questions.
Did you watch any tutorials on using the Ford Pass App or the onboard Manuals?

·
Registered
2021 Tesla MY, 2017 Volt, Mach e Premium 11/5/22
189 Posts
This thread may have the answer you are looking for:
Maintenance Schedule
Basically basic stuff that really anyone could do and may or may not need.

When I bought the car I did "prepay the 10,000 and 20,000 maintenance" but that was because of Ford Rewards. Buying the car gave me the points to pay for the service which I wasn't going to use the points for anything else. My account still has the points so I am not sure I was actually ever charged for them.
Thanks. So this would suggest that they don't rebalance the tires when they rotate them. If that's the case I'll get a road hazard warranty at Discount/American Tire (you can buy even if you've not bought the tires from them) as that warranty comes w/free tire rotation and balancing every 6-7k mi. plus free flat repairs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah I’m pretty sure my dealer didn’t do anything but rotate my tires and I had to tell them to do that! And they charged me $38 which is insane. They are clueless. I’m still only one of a handful in my area.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts