Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
Reserved Grabber Blue GT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we get Ford's attention to move that CHEAP PLASTIC rear windshield wiper on the top of the windshield tucked underneath the spoiler? The new Tahoe did it, and a bunch of other SUV's too.
It's sad to see on such a modern, high tech car with sore thumb stuck so visible.

When Ford posts something on instagram, they reply to comments within like an hour of their posting. IG users, please comment about it.

I'm just going to completely remove it if it comes like that.

Anyone else thinks this would be a good idea?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Can we get Ford's attention to move that CHEAP PLASTIC rear windshield wiper on the top of the windshield tucked underneath the spoiler? The new Tahoe did it, and a bunch of other SUV's too.
It's sad to see on such a modern, high tech car with sore thumb stuck so visible.

When Ford posts something on instagram, they reply to comments within like an hour of their posting. IG users, please comment about it.

View attachment 2212
like the idea too... but it's just not going to happen for now.

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts

View attachment 2212
Aesthetically, it would look better from the top.

Functionally, I believe the position has to do with better visibility. For snow, it clears more eye-level viewing surface this way, and won’t pack heavier snow under the spoiler.

maybe a more streamlined wiper design?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Certainly is clunky. Almost as if it was an afterthought and they just stuck the same one on there that's on my Edge.

·
Registered
610 Posts
All we can really do till Ford finally tucks it within the spoiler assembly is to remove the wiper setup and apply some windshield treatment. I had Rain-X on a BMW I was leasing and can say it helped a lot!

·
Banned
Reserved Grabber Blue GT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All we can really do till Ford finally tucks it within the spoiler assembly is to remove the wiper setup and apply some windshield treatment. I had Rain-X on a BMW I was leasing and can say it helped a lot!

No sedan has a rear windshield wiper and the mach e's glass looks to be similar angle to many sedans. I dont think a wiper is even needed, definitely not in dry climates. That's the 1st mod I'm doing. Removing the entire assembly, closing the hole with a rubber seal

·
Registered
610 Posts
No sedan has a rear windshield wiper and the mach e's glass looks to be similar angle to many sedans. I dont think a wiper is even needed, definitely not in dry climates. That's the 1st mod I'm doing. Removing the entire assembly, closing the hole with a rubber seal
I bet it will be one of the most popular mods after taking delivery.

Thankfully it blends in a bit with the rear windshield and might not be that bad to some folks.

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
Probably more energy efficient to clear the window with the wiper than relying of the rear-defroster.

Good thing wipers are one of those things you stop noticing after a while.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Most of the water on my C-Max rear windshield comes from the tires when driving on freeways. Not water coming from the sky. I don't think this is as big a problem with sedans because it has a trunk sticking out the back to help block that.

·
Registered
109 Posts
While the MME does not have the verticle rear window that often requires a rear wipe, it is a "hatchback" type design and might have a bit more susceptibility to road spray and the like. Anyone know if it falls within the FMVSS?

Oh and yeah, top side hidden would look better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You are completely right. This in not state of the art anymore for modern SUVs. It should be part of the rear spoiler design.

It is also not aligned with the door handles which have almost disappeared.

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
You are completely right. This in not state of the art anymore for modern SUVs. It should be part of the rear spoiler design.

It is also not aligned with the door handles which have almost disappeared.
I checked, M-B, BMW, Audi, Lexus, etc. I have not found a single angled rear-window with the wiper placement at the top...if there’s even a wiper at all...that would make it state-of-the-art.

While a wiper at the top may be more aesthetically pleasing, it is less functional as it leaves massive left-rear and right-rear blind spots in the snow. The sweep from the bottom gives greater visibility.

To me, It doesn’t look out-of-place at normal viewing angles on the street. See photo below.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts