Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Mache the morning (European Time) after the presentation. I was not aware of the cars existence until that morning. so between awareness of the car and ordering was just a couple minutes. It will be my 3th EV I own. the first was/is my Renault Twizy I got 4 years ago, that I only use as a city car and for fun. More a go-cart than a car. that followed a Hyundai Ioniq as main car 2 years ago. I can charge my cars already with solar from my roof. So when the Zombie apocalypse comes I can still drive around and after I get my MachE even with style ;-). I first planned to get a Tesla Y, but the SR+ will not arrive in Europe until 2022 and at that time it will already look outdated. Also I do not trust Teslas service infrastructure. In addition the MY is booring in comparison to the MachE. the only concern I have that I will get my car much later because I'm not willing to place an order before I can drive the car.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Welcome.
How much was your deposit? Also, were you given a timeline of what to expect leading up to delivery day?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome.
How much was your deposit? Also, were you given a timeline of what to expect leading up to delivery day?
Deposit is 1000 CHF (1029 USD). Have in mind that in Switzerland, like in most countries in Europe prices must include vat (tax) and the car must be shipped from Mexico and Battery from east europe. I assume marriage of Bsttery and car happen in Europe. So the sticker price is higher here.
The Ford dealer I have chosen did call me. I was critical about the timeline, but he not, he told me to expect the car end of the year, we will see ...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the community.

I guess that Renault Twizy wasn't great for winter either... ha. I always loved those things though. They were going to sell them in Canada at one point (rumor) but it never happened.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats! Welcome to the community.

I guess that Renault Twizy wasn't great for winter either... ha. I always loved those things though. They were going to sell them in Canada at one point (rumor) but it never happened.
In winter I use the Twizy only to and from train station, best thing about the twizy in Switzerland is. it is registered like Motorbike and comes with a small number, so you can park it where you park the bikes for free. with cars on the other side, you pay a shitload of money to park. they are sold in south America, so who knows. Seat will come with a interesting alternative the Minimo next year, but as far I know Seat is not sold in America.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Deposit is 1000 CHF (1029 USD). Have in mind that in Switzerland, like in most countries in Europe prices must include vat (tax) and the car must be shipped from Mexico and Battery from east europe. I assume marriage of Bsttery and car happen in Europe. So the sticker price is higher here.
The Ford dealer I have chosen did call me. I was critical about the timeline, but he not, he told me to expect the car end of the year, we will see ...
Do keep us posted when you get an exact date from the dealer, although it will be a while.

·
Registered
696 Posts
In winter I use the Twizy only to and from train station, best thing about the twizy in Switzerland is. it is registered like Motorbike and comes with a small number, so you can park it where you park the bikes for free. with cars on the other side, you pay a shitload of money to park. they are sold in south America, so who knows. Seat will come with a interesting alternative the Minimo next year, but as far I know Seat is not sold in America.
Yea, no Seats yet. Peougeot is supposed to get here soon, but I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
What's it like driving a Twizy? They seem like they'd be both fun and scary to drive haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts