Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked with my Automobile Insurance provider last week and they said there is no 'symbol' yet for the Ford ME that would be used to set the Insurance rate.

Anyone have info on Insurance rates for EV.. how do they compare to the gas powered cars ?

Thanks
Anthony NJ
Premium AWD Extended Star White 33,000

·
Registered
615 Posts
I checked with Geico right after I made my reservation last year, and obviously they didn't have the MME yet. At that time a tesla model 3 would have been about 25% more than my mustang convertible, but a chevy bolt would have been about the same. Apparently since Tesla has limited repair shops and uses aluminum bodies, they are much more expensive. Since the Mach E has a mostly steel frame and lots of safety features, I would expect it to be on par to at most a 10% increase.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,117 Posts
I checked with Geico right after I made my reservation last year, and obviously they didn't have the MME yet. At that time a tesla model 3 would have been about 25% more than my mustang convertible, but a chevy bolt would have been about the same. Apparently since Tesla has limited repair shops and uses aluminum bodies, they are much more expensive. Since the Mach E has a mostly steel frame and lots of safety features, I would expect it to be on par to at most a 10% increase.
Not to mention the Mach E having a large service network and ample part supplies.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
865 Posts

Just checked with insurance agent State Farm:

FYI, these are the six month costs:

• 2018 Ford Edge Sport, MSRP $47,000 $491
  • 2019 Mercedes E450, MSRP $70,000 $594
  • 2020 Tesla Model Y MSRP $49,990 $633
So the Tesla Model Y is approximately 25% more expensive than a comparable price ICE.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I checked with my Automobile Insurance provider last week and they said there is no 'symbol' yet for the Ford ME that would be used to set the Insurance rate.

Anyone have info on Insurance rates for EV.. how do they compare to the gas powered cars ?

Thanks
Anthony NJ
Premium AWD Extended Star White 33,000
hi, it's hard for me to say the full details. I also looked for insurance and found the answer in the car service, that was unexpected. I know it's strange, but I got help there, people work with cars every day... One person recommended this site to me Compare Cheap Car Insurance Quotes Online - Car.co.uk . I read everything and understood how they work. these guys connect you with the insurance company in your city and help you through all the stages and processes with documents. it was super convenient, I don't have much time because of work, so it was the best for me. I myself used their services and I liked it, they found me insurance convenient for the price and quality. Nowadays it's hard to find honest people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts