Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts
Mine updated this afternoon, and going to the system drawer it shows 1.71.
I cannot check Auto Update setting. When I go to get System Updates - no updates. I am not sure how I will get the updates.

My car is outside, has AT&T signal and fair wireless signal.

no notification in FordPass app. Even called Ford support they said we have sent a note to the team, wait 7-9 days for an answer.

• Sad
Reactions: zvez
Voila! The 1.7.1 update magically appeared in a Ford Pas notification this morning advising me that i can now write and draw on the screen and play Tic Tac Toe.
Remote setup lets me use Ford Pass or the owner's site to set up profile preferences including all radio presets that will be stored in the 'cloud' and sent to the MMe vis SYNC 4A.
Also, Cloud connectivity combines conversational voice command recognition with internet based search. Apple Play compatibility displays on-screen turn-by-turn navigation in the instrument cluster. Finally user profile icons on Sirius/XM with 360L radio will be bigger and some "bug fixes".

Voila! The 1.7.1 update magically appeared in a Ford Pas notification this morning advising me that i can now write and draw on the screen and play Tic Tac Toe.
Remote setup lets me use Ford Pass or the owner's site to set up profile preferences including all radio presets that will be stored in the 'cloud' and sent to the MMe vis SYNC 4A.
Also, Cloud connectivity combines conversational voice command recognition with internet based search. Apple Play compatibility displays on-screen turn-by-turn navigation in the instrument cluster. Finally user profile icons on Sirius/XM with 360L radio will be bigger and some "bug fixes".
It was just a matter of time. Glad it finally came through. You can also turn on the calm screen by pressing and holding the volume ring. Touch the screen to return to sync.

It was just a matter of time. Glad it finally came through. You can also turn on the calm screen by pressing and holding the volume ring. Touch the screen to return to sync.
Called Ford today about my system update screen indicating I have been updated to 1.7.1, however i do not have any of the features. The people on the phone told me not all cars get the same feature from the update. I started screaming at the person, told them don't try and BS me, my screen says the features that were installed and they are not there! they then proceeded to tell me it takes up to 2 weeks for the whole update to be installed. (probably more BS) all this while when they checked my account it told them that the 1.7.1 update tried to be installed on 11/6 and 11/10 and failed.
Ford if you are reading this you must do something about customer service and they should not try to bullshit us, we know better and it only makes us want to buy another EV when the time comes.

I also got 1.7.1, according to the car and ford pass, after two failures. But after two days, I do t see any new features. No notes. No directions on dash when using Apple Maps, and I don't see any remote profile setup options.

This is what I have found so far: Notes.
I don't have an iPhone so I can't check ApplePlay
I haven't been able to locate the Remote Profile setup
There doesn't appear to be any change to the Sirius/XM Icons
Maybe it does come in sections? Anyone have all of the items in 1.7.1?

I guess you are really lucky. The only notification that I receive regularly these days is to activate paak even though I use Paak all the time. I've taken the car out of WiFi to see if that will help with the upgrade, or else I'll check with the dealership when I take the car for recall.

I guess you are really lucky. The only notification that I receive regularly these days is to activate paak even though I use Paak all the time. I've taken the car out of WiFi to see if that will help with the upgrade, or else I'll check with the dealership when I take the car for recall.
Taking the car out of WiFi is probably the wrong thing to do….at least that is what the owners manual suggests (ref p. 362).

Recall, Yeah that’s another joke. Ford tells us to call dealer after the 15th. Dealerships have no clue what to do, mine said call back after the holidays but you can check back in a month if you want.

Called Ford today about my system update screen indicating I have been updated to 1.7.1, however i do not have any of the features. The people on the phone told me not all cars get the same feature from the update. I started screaming at the person, told them don't try and BS me, my screen says the features that were installed and they are not there! they then proceeded to tell me it takes up to 2 weeks for the whole update to be installed. (probably more BS) all this while when they checked my account it told them that the 1.7.1 update tried to be installed on 11/6 and 11/10 and failed.
Ford if you are reading this you must do something about customer service and they should not try to bullshit us, we know better and it only makes us want to buy another EV when the time comes.
Ford has to retrain employees to change with time, or let them go. A successful car without a successful support team is almost Zero.

I am also waiting on an answer from my call, and they said it can take 2 weeks for a reply. Seriously, take my VIN, forward to an engineer who can look it up and be done.

I kind of think they should have a 24 tech support line, like computer software companies have. They can remotely log into your car and check on issues, remotely update etc

I kind of think they should have a 24 tech support line, like computer software companies have. They can remotely log into your car and check on issues, remotely update etc
More important they need to be honest with their replies. I always feel they are trying to come up with a line to passify you and not to try and solve the problem. If they just put the same energy into trying to solve the problem instead of coming up with excuses maybe more problems would get resolved.
I love my MME but the issues are starting to wear me a little thin.

More important they need to be honest with their replies. I always feel they are trying to come up with a line to passify you and not to try and solve the problem. If they just put the same energy into trying to solve the problem instead of coming up with excuses maybe more problems would get resolved.
I love my MME but the issues are starting to wear me a little thin.
Update: I received another failed installation message in my FordPass app and called Ford again. They said the OTA update for version 1.7.1 will be out in 4-5 business days and either wait for that or go to the dealership. I thought it was an OTA update!? anyway just gave in and brought EPony to dealer today, i'll keep my fingers crossed.

PS, Person at Ford said you know you have 2 recalls, i lost it and said , yeah right and dealer said Ford hasn't instructed them how to do it, call back after the holidays. well that got his attention, he wanted to know the dealership and advised me to call another dealer and that if he was me, never trust my dealership again.

When i brought my car in for the update, i also told them Ford said to do the update and they will be calling you about that. they were very apologetic and said they would do the recall fix and gave me a MME as a loaner until the car is totally done.

Update: I received another failed installation message in my FordPass app and called Ford again. They said the OTA update for version 1.7.1 will be out in 4-5 business days and either wait for that or go to the dealership. I thought it was an OTA update!? anyway just gave in and brought EPony to dealer today, i'll keep my fingers crossed.

PS, Person at Ford said you know you have 2 recalls, i lost it and said , yeah right and dealer said Ford hasn't instructed them how to do it, call back after the holidays. well that got his attention, he wanted to know the dealership and advised me to call another dealer and that if he was me, never trust my dealership again.

When i brought my car in for the update, i also told them Ford said to do the update and they will be calling you about that. they were very apologetic and said they would do the recall fix and gave me a MME as a loaner until the car is totally done.
Further Update: after 4 days at the dealer i get my car, which I was told had the update installed, and it is at 1.6 not 1.7.1, OMG! called Ford OTA line at 1-833-926-3233 and spoke to a supervisor and they told me they are in Houston Tx, they can't do anything , I need to call corporate in Michigan and gave me the general number 1-313-322-3000. Pretty sad Ford. the Teslas are looking better and better each day.

Further update, Michigan said nothing they can do, WTF?! when i said i will invoke theNYS lemon law because they can't fix a problem with the car after 3 tries and buy a tesla, i was told go ahead, do what you have to do. Double WTF!
So car is back at the dealership just 2 hours after picking it up.

At last 🙂 I had kept the car disconnected from WiFi for a few days and connected it back 2 days ago. Then plugged in for charging today morning and left the charger connected. May be the car wants charger to be connected to start the update process.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.