Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a rude reminder that when going into a car wash where the little roller thingy pushes your tire forward, first switch to neutral and then press the L button to actually be in ‘yes I want to be in neutral’ neutral.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes this is very true luckily my first experience what's a decent one because the car wash attendant actually walk me through the whole car wash until we figure out how to make it work because it wasn't clear. Neutral than L then OK when you get the dashboard light seems to work every time. Also upon exiting these car washes it's important to make sure that you put your foot on the break put Drive and move forward quickly. Nothing worse than having somebody rear end you in a car wash

·
Registered
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
144 Posts
I keep harping on this to people. You buy a $60,000 - $70,000 vehicle and start using it without reading the manual which clearly explains things like this. Or, you can rely on a car wash employee to protect your investment. The choice is yours

·
Registered
2 Posts
when you look in the club box for a manual it is not there and the one they provide in the car is horrible. There are so many things I learned from these forums that aren't necessarily in the very poorly written manual. A matter of fact is probably one of the worst car manuals I've had I've ever read. You would think that things like going through the car wash and stuff like that would be easily navigable in the giant touchscreen they offer but no they aren't there's so much they don't talk about in the manual they don't outline all the codes all the things that pop up on the dashboard etc. etc. etc. like I said it's for the worst read manuals I've ever seen from a car manufacturer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a rude reminder that when going into a car wash where the little roller thingy pushes your tire forward, first switch to neutral and then press the L button to actually be in ‘yes I want to be in neutral’ neutral.
I've yet to have an issue just putting it in Neutral without hitting the L button. The manual does state you cannot tow your vehicle in Neutral and will void your warranty if you do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The only time you have to engage temporary neutral is when you turn the car off, or exit the car. In a ride-through car wash where you don't turn the car off, just switching from D to N should suffice. Remember to disengage automatic windshield wipers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only time you have to engage temporary neutral is when you turn the car off, or exit the car. In a ride-through car wash where you don't turn the car off, just switching from D to N should suffice. Remember to disengage automatic windshield wipers.
That’s definitely not the case in my 2022 premium. Just going to N didn’t work, and my left front tire was repeated launched upward by each roller thingy. I needed to press L after the shift to neutral to get it into true neutral. First I backed out of the car wash while the manager ran over to assist. And we tested each way with him pushing on the car to see if it rolled.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That’s definitely not the case in my 2022 premium. Just going to N didn’t work, and my left front tire was repeated launched upward by each roller thingy. I needed to press L after the shift to neutral to get it into true neutral. First I backed out of the car wash while the manager ran over to assist. And we tested each way with him pushing on the car to see if it rolled.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: OK, turning the 'Auto Hold' setting off will allow shifting into neutral to be true neutral as soon as there is a shift into neutral. So, I see 2 ways to go through the car wash: (1) navigate to 'Driver settings', then turn 'auto hold' to 'off', then switch into neutral. or (2) With the 'auto hold' activated and on (like it typically is for most Mach E drivers), shift to 'neutral', then press the 'L' button.

I recommend everyone practice this (shifting to true neutral) on a gentle slope away from traffic with you in the drivers seat and ready to hit the brake. There may be a couple of times (besides car wash) where you want true neutral.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update: OK, turning the 'Auto Hold' setting off will allow shifting into neutral to be true neutral as soon as there is a shift into neutral. So, I see 2 ways to go through the car wash: (1) navigate to 'Driver settings', then turn 'auto hold' to 'off', then switch into neutral. or (2) With the 'auto hold' activated and on (like it typically is for most Mach E drivers), shift to 'neutral', then press the 'L' button.
I used way (1) multiple times and its working for me. What I also do is, since I saw it in some youtube video, that I switch to neutral while the car is still moving/rolling. Will have to try if thats also working while leaving auto hold activated. Not going to try it in a car wash so :p

NoTechi

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E California Rt1
20 Posts
Helpful Thread.
Also note for Emergency Towing without a flat bed truck (
)
PDF Page 271
If your vehicle becomes inoperable without
access to wheel dollies or a vehicle
transport trailer, it can be flat-towed with
all wheels on the ground, regardless of the
drivetrain, under the following conditions:
• Your vehicle is facing forward for
towing in a forward direction.
• You switch Emergency Tow on.
Switching Emergency Tow On
• Maximum speed is 35 mph (56 km/h).
• Maximum distance is 50 mi (80 km).
1. Properly secure your vehicle to the tow vehicle.
2. Switch your vehicle on to accessory mode. See Starting and Powering Off (page 147).
3. Apply the parking brake.
4. Access the vehicle drawer on the touchscreen.
5. Press SETTINGS.
6. Press Vehicle.
7. Press and hold Emergency Tow until a confirmation message appears on the touchscreen.
8. Press and hold the brake pedal.
9. Shift into neutral (N).
Note: A confirmation message appears in the instrument cluster display.
10. Release the parking brake.
11. Switch your vehicle off.
Switching Emergency Tow Off
1. Switch your vehicle on.
2. Press and hold the brake pedal.
3. Shift into park (P). A message displays
in the instrument cluster display and
park (P) displays in the instrument
cluster display and on the shifter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I keep harping on this to people. You buy a $60,000 - $70,000 vehicle and start using it without reading the manual which clearly explains things like this. Or, you can rely on a car wash employee to protect your investment. The choice is yours
How do you like your Juicebox 48? Having a hard time finding the 48. Deciding between that, WallBox and ChargePoint Home Flex.

·
Registered
22 Posts
when you look in the club box for a manual it is not there and the one they provide in the car is horrible. There are so many things I learned from these forums that aren't necessarily in the very poorly written manual. A matter of fact is probably one of the worst car manuals I've had I've ever read. You would think that things like going through the car wash and stuff like that would be easily navigable in the giant touchscreen they offer but no they aren't there's so much they don't talk about in the manual they don't outline all the codes all the things that pop up on the dashboard etc. etc. etc. like I said it's for the worst read manuals I've ever seen from a car manufacturer.
There is a manual for download. All 439 pages of it. Have fun trying to read that with your phone.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have the ChargePoint home flex 48 and love it. It gives me a good swag at the cost of every charge and how many KW it pumped in. It works great, and the phone interface is good. Much better than the Ford supplied box.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts