Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please correct me if I am wrong. When the phone charging wirelessly in the charging pad on MME, there is nothing holding it down. In case of an accident, wouldn't it cause the phone to get thrown far away. Both my Cherokee and Malibu has a way to hold the phone in place during wireless charging. What are we supposed to do, god forbid, if we ever get into such a situation ?

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
214 Posts
If you are in an accident right now, and airbags deploy, Ford has 911 Assist that calls 911 automatically. I don't think you will need to reach for your phone. It would also be pretty pointless if you are unconscious or immobile.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are in an accident right now, and airbags deploy, Ford has 911 Assist that calls 911 automatically. I don't think you will need to reach for your phone. It would also be pretty pointless if you are unconscious or immobile.
That's good to know. I read the following in Ford website "911 Assist can use your Bluetooth-paired and connected phone to immediately place a call to a local 9-1-1 Call Taker". We just have to hope that the phone doesn't get damaged.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Please correct me if I am wrong. When the phone charging wirelessly in the charging pad on MME, there is nothing holding it down. In case of an accident, wouldn't it cause the phone to get thrown far away. Both my Cherokee and Malibu has a way to hold the phone in place during wireless charging. What are we supposed to do, god forbid, if we ever get into such a situation ?
If you have an iPhone get an Apple Watch and use the watch to call for help.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yes, my 2014 Fiesta has this function. I have to choose to enable it anytime I pair a new phone via Bluetooth.

Separately, Google has a car crash detection function in its Personal Safety app on the Pixel 3, 4, and 4a. This works even when you are in someone else's vehicle: Get help in an emergency using your Pixel phone - Pixel Phone Help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts