Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an order in for a California RT 1 (10006618) . As more detailed specs have emerged there are some critical features unavailable in the Rt 1 that lead me to want to change my order. The dealership associated with my order has been no help. Two weeks now and they don't seem any closer to helping me change my order. I understand that I may need to cancel ( I need the dealer to initiate) and place a new order but I can't get any action from the dealer. Anybody have the real sauce on how to proceed here? Not looking for speculation, hoping to get solid intel on established Ford business processes.

·
Registered
588 Posts
YOU DO NOT NEED TO CANCEL, but you do need your dealer to edit the order. I upgraded from a Select to a RT1 last week, and all the dealer has to do is change the part number on the existing order. It took my guy a couple of minutes at most. Escalate to dealers' general manager by calling or going in, or call the Ford helpline directly to have them prod the dealer, but the dealer is the one that has to edit it. You are running out of time to change it, so do it ASAP

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's my concern here that I'm running out of time before it goes into production.

·
Registered
51 Posts
YOU DO NOT NEED TO CANCEL, but you do need your dealer to edit the order. I upgraded from a Select to a RT1 last week, and all the dealer has to do is change the part number on the existing order. It took my guy a couple of minutes at most. Escalate to dealers' general manager by calling or going in, or call the Ford helpline directly to have them prod the dealer, but the dealer is the one that has to edit it. You are running out of time to change it, so do it ASAP
Just replying to second this - after the price drops I changed my order. Called the dealer in the morning and by the time I left work that day my order had been updated with Ford. Unfortunately you'll need to push what seems to be a bad dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was able to resolve this with the inventory manager this morning. It took all of 5 minutes to change the order. Within a few minutes of making the change I received an email from Ford refelcting the change. The original order number and order date remain intact. The Ford.com order page also updated to reflect the change. The process is easy so this comes down to a knowledge issue with the dealerships.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was able to resolve this with the inventory manager this morning. It took all of 5 minutes to change the order. Within a few minutes of making the change I received an email from Ford refelcting the change. The original order number and order date remain intact. The Ford.com order page also updated to reflect the change. The process is easy so this comes down to a knowledge issue with the dealerships.
It just shows how outdated the dealership model is. They say they provide better service but I literally spent a month emailing and calling trying to get them even to acknowledge the order had been placed. Even to change my order took days of trying deal with them (I finally I drove to the dealer to resolve the issue). I really don't mind buying through a dealer but they should provide me some benefits vs me doing it myself over the web. I find I know more about the MME and Ford's plans for it than anyone at the dealer. At this point I wish I could've just bought from Ford directly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is this because sales people who work at dealerships don't get any commission ? I don't see why the dealer would pay any if we place the order ourselves online. I wonder what incentives do these sales guys get to help us buy a Mach-e.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is this because sales people who work at dealerships don't get any commission ? I don't see why the dealer would pay any if we place the order ourselves online. I wonder what incentives do these sales guys get to help us buy a Mach-e.
Manufacturers need to set better standards for their dealer networks. The current model grants them too much independence and they can suck the life out of a brand's intended image. Kia builds great cars now, but you feel like you need a shower after spending time in a dealership.

I ordered my MME "through" a dealership group that has always provided me with great service, whether I was in the Hyundai dealer or the Maserati one (the Maserati one gave me more expensive water, to be fair). They're not super-experts on the MME, but they don't pretend to be. I've been assigned a single point of contact. When I called to change my order he admitted he didn't know how, told me to leave it with him, and a few hours later my order was changed. Simple customer service.

That's what dealers need to be if they want to survive as a model.

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
Today, 10-6-2020, my local dealer was able to upgrade my order from premium rear wheel drive to premium awd. Took abt 10 minutes.
The dealerships have improved over the past two months. It was almost trial-by-fire back in July.

Welcome to the Club!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have an order in for a California RT 1 (10006618) . As more detailed specs have emerged there are some critical features unavailable in the Rt 1 that lead me to want to change my order. The dealership associated with my order has been no help. Two weeks now and they don't seem any closer to helping me change my order. I understand that I may need to cancel ( I need the dealer to initiate) and place a new order but I can't get any action from the dealer. Anybody have the real sauce on how to proceed here? Not looking for speculation, hoping to get solid intel on established Ford business processes.
yep what people are saying is correct. I changed from RT1 to premium since the price got reduced. They changed it and an hour later I got an email that the ford order page I log into had been updated.

you better hurry too. Once they schedule it you can’t make changes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello - I am having the exact same issue with my Frontier Ford dealership - I can't even get a call back! I may just drive down there in person.

Side question with orders....does anyone know if you can get the PREMIUM MachE but change out the tires/rims with that which comes with the GT?

Anybody that can help with this question would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello - I am having the exact same issue with my Frontier Ford dealership - I can't even get a call back! I may just drive down there in person.

Side question with orders....does anyone know if you can get the PREMIUM MachE but change out the tires/rims with that which comes with the GT?

I successfully changed the order. Order# and order date remained unchanged. Went from Cal Rt1 to Premium, AWD, Extended Battery, in Infinite Blue. This may apply to your question, trying to get an option package tied to another model (Grabber Blue) was not possible. The inventory manager tried and trim packages not tied to Premium were greyed out. Once the inventory manager learned that he could go in and edit the order it took only a few minutes. From the time he submitted the change to the time I got email conformation was only a few minutes. Ask to speak to the inventory manager. The long pole in the tent for me was getting the right person on the phone. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I am not 100% sure but I would imagine the pattern would be the same for all Machs because the GT and Non-GT wouldn’t be different (for logistical reasons). I am looking for the same info as I am looking into better looking rims for after market.

I am waiting for my local dealer to have the service guide so I can dig into it and see....

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts

You cannot change the rims on the Premium. You may have to look into aftermarket outions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts