Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if I should be more concerned....

Sunday I got an alert on FordPass app that my MME had a charge fault and stopped charging. It was plugged into the portable Ford charger that comes with the car, just 120v and has been many times before.

Per the app recommendation I unplugged the car and plugged it back in, several times but got a charge fault each time. I checked the charger for error lights, moved it to a new plug, got the same result.

Thinking I might get more insightful help from a message in the car itself I jumped in. Accessory power kicked in no problem but the car refused to start and displayed a message to "Stop Safely Now". The battery error light and service light were on too.

Exactly 15 mins (coinsidence, maybe?) from when it first had an error the car started when I tried it, all error lights cleared and it's been perfectly fine since.

Is there a 15 minute reset/cool down after a charge fault? Is this likely an isolated issue due to a random power fluctuation etc.?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've had a charging fault before but that was once when I just bought the car. Seemed an OTA update fixed that. I'm wondering if you radiator fan isn't kicking on to cool the battery while its charging? But then again you were using 120V so not much power to even cool. Just an FYI, I believe there's a tech service bulletin for this issue, maybe someone can chime in. They do a software upgrade and it might fix this issue.

·
Registered
Mach E Premium AWD Std
2 Posts
Happen to me once first time was trying to change on a 220 got the error message on my Ford pass. I saw the charging light go orange I unplugged a and plug nothing car dint want to start I got the same message. Like 10 to 15min can’t tell you ether he right time took to rest. Haven’t happen again since the update.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts