Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For anyone that didn't know, Europe & US versions of the Mustang Mach-E come with different charge port types. The US version has a CCS1 (J1772 + DC) charge port and CCS2 for Europe.

Type 1 - CCS1
ccs1-j1772-mustang-mach-e-charge-port-usa.jpg

Type 2 - CCS2
ccs2-mustang-mach-e-charge-port-europe.jpg

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,008 Posts
Yes, this surprised me when they popped the charging hatch on the Grabber Blue GT prototype at the Washington Auto Show and it had a Type 2 CCS inside ?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this surprised me when they popped the charging hatch on the Grabber Blue GT prototype at the Washington Auto Show and it had a Type 2 CCS inside ?
Exactly why I had to confirm this with Ford USA and Ford Europe, more so for anyone new to EV ownership. Type 2 being Europe's standard would come off as common knowledge to the more experienced EV owners here.

Admittedly, it was news to me.

I guess with the Mach-E being priority in Europe it made sense (logistically) for Ford to execute the way they did at US shows.

Ford reps probably received a lot of questions about the charge port type.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Exactly why I had to confirm this with Ford USA and Ford Europe, more so for anyone new to EV ownership. Type 2 being Europe's standard would come off as common knowledge to the more experienced EV owners here.

Admittedly, it was news to me.

I guess with the Mach-E being priority in Europe it made sense (logistically) for Ford to execute the way they did at US shows.

Ford reps probably received a lot of questions about the charge port type.
I wonder how many reps were actually able to answer those questions. Sometimes the people they have at auto shows aren't able to answer all the questions.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wonder how many reps were actually able to answer those questions. Sometimes the people they have at auto shows aren't able to answer all the questions.
I go to the NYC auto show almost every year. Most of the attractive people who work the floor are temps from modeling agencies who get a crash course before the show. There's a subset of MFG reps who travel with the show but even those folks aren't too well educated.

Rivian in 2019 however, had their employees working the floor. They were extremely happy because Ford had just made a sizable investment which meant a lot of them were about to become wealthy. I really do hope this partnership picks back up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts