Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a reliable app that covers the charging network? I appreciate everyone trying to get on board but today I had to download my 4th app to charge up. This time some EVgo company (max 7 kw/h). The station wouldn't even take straight up payment until you activated the pump through the app. It was not showing on the phone app. All the while 5 Teslas sit across the charging area watching my struggles.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Has anyone found a reliable app that covers the charging network? I appreciate everyone trying to get on board but today I had to download my 4th app to charge up. This time some EVgo company (max 7 kw/h). The station wouldn't even take straight up payment until you activated the pump through the app. It was not showing on the phone app. All the while 5 Teslas sit across the charging area watching my struggles.
Well I've got 8 apps including Ford Pass, but I have only used Charge
Point and ElectrifyAmerica to charge. Ford Pass was supposed to simplify payment but I only remember FP including EA and Green Lots in their payment network. FP will show you lots of charge stations but many are not networked so no way for the payment to work. Some members that are frequent travelers can give you better info but I believe you should have apps for all the networks you might encounter on your phone before leaving home.

·
Registered
2018 BMW i3 Base, 2021 Mach-E4x - Infinite Blue (ordered)
96 Posts
Not only do I have the EVGO app, but I carry their RFID card. It shouldn't be like that, but for now it is.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
this is the thing that sucks about the charging network. For me the nearest EA is 40 miles away. So I got a chargepoint acct (2 miles to a station). But to get good coverage it seems you have to have multiple accounts. It would be nice if you could register with one company and use the same account for all. That said, I don't envsion any long distance travel with it.

·
Registered
2018 BMW i3 Base, 2021 Mach-E4x - Infinite Blue (ordered)
96 Posts
When the majority of congress members are driving EVs, then we will get a nationwide unified system for paying for charging. Until then, for the next decade or more, it's going to be a bit of a pain in the neck. However, if Tesla opens their network soon to other EVs and expands it significantly, then that will provide a lot of places to charge with one easy way to pay.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
When the majority of congress members are driving EVs, then we will get a nationwide unified system for paying for charging. Until then, for the next decade or more, it's going to be a bit of a pain in the neck. However, if Tesla opens their network soon to other EVs and expands it significantly, then that will provide a lot of places to charge with one easy way to pay.
I'll be curious as to how substantial the "non tesla" surcharge will be to use those superchargers.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,116 Posts
That’s what I’m thinking, all we’ll need is a converter
I hope that’s what’s going to happen.
The current infrastructure bill has a section requiring companies receiving Fed monies make their stations accessible to more that one auto manufacturer. EVGo just started adding Tesla style connectors and ChargePoint offers Tesla hookups. Knowing Musk's propensity for chasing government money he will add/convert to CCS connectors at the Tesla locations

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.