Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm as excited as anyone here for the arrival of my Mach-E

I'm wondering though... Does anyone know if charging will be the same in the US and European models?

I'm asking as I might relocate to Europe in a few years and if I charging is the same, I'll buy it and bring it over... if not I think I might lease it instead.

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
Hi All, I'm as excited as anyone here for the arrival of my Mach-E

I'm wondering though... Does anyone know if charging will be the same in the US and European models?

I'm asking as I might relocate to Europe in a few years and if I charging is the same, I'll buy it and bring it over... if not I think I might lease it instead.
There are different plug standards, the EU model is not the same as the US version.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,134 Posts
Here are a couple of articles on the difference between CCS1 and CCS2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are a couple of articles on the difference between CCS1 and CCS2:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Even with an adapter, you will not be able to use 3-phase AC charging. The American spec car does not include the 3-phase AC charger (the AC charger is a component built into the car itself).

Just something to keep in mind... It means charging speeds may be as much as three times slower than they otherwise would have been, when using Mennekes EVSE plugs in Europe like at people's homes.

Apparently, CCS 1 to CCS 2 adapters are available, so that's cool... CCS Combo 1 to CCS Combo 2 Fast Charge Adapter | EV Charge +

·
Registered
155 Posts
Something else to bear in mind is that Ford service centers in other countries may decline working on a North America spec vehicle. It would be far easier to sell the Mach-E when you leave and then find a clean low mileage car for sale in Europe when you are ready to move. Could be an opportunity to try a different color anyway!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even with an adapter, you will not be able to use 3-phase AC charging. The American spec car does not include the 3-phase AC charger (the AC charger is a component built into the car itself).

Just something to keep in mind... It means charging speeds may be as much as three times slower than they otherwise would have been, when using Mennekes EVSE plugs in Europe like at people's homes.

Apparently, CCS 1 to CCS 2 adapters are available, so that's cool... CCS Combo 1 to CCS Combo 2 Fast Charge Adapter | EV Charge +
Good point. As we do have 3-phase charging everywhere over there it would be a bummer to only be able to utilize the the two of them. Especially as most of my charging would be at home.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Something else to bear in mind is that Ford service centers in other countries may decline working on a North America spec vehicle. It would be far easier to sell the Mach-E when you leave and then find a clean low mileage car for sale in Europe when you are ready to move. Could be an opportunity to try a different color anyway!
True... and maybe get a 2024 model instead. I’m sure there’ll be some tweaks along the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts