Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Mach-E in Feb. 2021... I have enjoyed it very much until a month or so ago the Ford Mobile Charger that came with the car went out... Took it to the dealer they decided it was faulty and ordered a replacement Ford Mobile Charger... The new one is showing a different fault when I try to charge the car than the old charger, but the result is the same, I can not charge the car at home for some reason... I spoke to the dealer service rep. and we decided to have my electrician come and check the breaker and all the wiring he installed for my 220 nema hook up which had been working fine since I picked up the car... He put in and tested a new breaker and the electrical service is correct and working... The new Ford Mobile charger doesn't work when plugged into 110 service either anywhere that I have tried it (other families home and office)... My car does not charge when it is plugged into the J-1772 chargers at the dealer, they all go to a red light fault... I have found one charger, a Charge Point, that for some reason will charge the car...It is not convenient to get to this charger and leave it for hours to charge, it is 9.8 miles away according to the Ford Pass App. I have tried several EVgo DC fast chargers and called the EVgo rep. who would try to get the charger to work, but could not...I have an appointment to take the car into the dealer for Monday Oct. 11... Is there any help, suggestions or experience with this type of issure that any others have had and you can provide...? Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I picked up my Mach-E in Feb. 2021... I have enjoyed it very much until a month or so ago the Ford Mobile Charger that came with the car went out... Took it to the dealer they decided it was faulty and ordered a replacement Ford Mobile Charger... The new one is showing a different fault when I try to charge the car than the old charger, but the result is the same, I can not charge the car at home for some reason... I spoke to the dealer service rep. and we decided to have my electrician come and check the breaker and all the wiring he installed for my 220 nema hook up which had been working fine since I picked up the car... He put in and tested a new breaker and the electrical service is correct and working... The new Ford Mobile charger doesn't work when plugged into 110 service either anywhere that I have tried it (other families home and office)... My car does not charge when it is plugged into the J-1772 chargers at the dealer, they all go to a red light fault... I have found one charger, a Charge Point, that for some reason will charge the car...It is not convenient to get to this charger and leave it for hours to charge, it is 9.8 miles away according to the Ford Pass App. I have tried several EVgo DC fast chargers and called the EVgo rep. who would try to get the charger to work, but could not...I have an appointment to take the car into the dealer for Monday Oct. 11... Is there any help, suggestions or experience with this type of issure that any others have had and you can provide...? Thanks
Sounds like the car is the problem, not the outlets.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
curious when you plug either 120 or 240v does the portable evse have a solid blue light BEFORE you plug it in? This certainly sounds like a car issue tho.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
curious when you plug either 120 or 240v does the portable evse have a solid blue light BEFORE you plug it in? This certainly sounds like a car issue tho.
Yes... It is a solid blue... I just don't understand why I can charge at the one Charge Point location if something is wrong with the car charging system... I guess I should be glad I can charge at least there because I'd really have a problem then... I'm wondering if it's some kind of software/program type issue... I don't get any battery malfunction notifications or any kind of notifications stating there is any kind of a issue/problem, the charges just all go to fault... I've read many posts in this form about charging issues but they all seem to have gotten a notification of some kind, this seems different... weird...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yes... It is a solid blue... I just don't understand why I can charge at the one Charge Point location if something is wrong with the car charging system... I guess I should be glad I can charge at least there because I'd really have a problem then... I'm wondering if it's some kind of software/program type issue... I don't get any battery malfunction notifications or any kind of notifications stating there is any kind of a issue/problem, the charges just all go to fault... I've read many posts in this form about charging issues but they all seem to have gotten a notification of some kind, this seems different... weird...
definitely something to go to the dealer with. A plug in vehicle isn't very user friendly if you can only charge one place

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just don't understand why I can charge at the one Charge Point location if something is wrong with the car charging system... I
Is the one place it works a DCFC and all the others Level 2 chargers (or broken DCFCs)? DCFC bypasses some of the circuitry required for charging from AC. My car would only DCFC charge. The dealer had to replace the SOBDM.

Solid red lights next to the charger port on the car means it's an issue with the car. Blinking red lights means it's an issue with the EVSE.

Regardless of what's going on, the dealer service center needs to figure it out. You already stated that it fails on their EVSE so they have a means to reproduce and trace it. Anything that any of us can speculate can't replace having the actual technicians with a direct line to Ford troubleshooting it and fixing it under warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the one place it works a DCFC and all the others Level 2 chargers (or broken DCFCs)? DCFC bypasses some of the circuitry required for charging from AC. My car would only DCFC charge. The dealer had to replace the SOBDM.

Solid red lights next to the charger port on the car means it's an issue with the car. Blinking red lights means it's an issue with the EVSE.

Regardless of what's going on, the dealer service center needs to figure it out. You already stated that it fails on their EVSE so they have a means to reproduce and trace it. Anything that any of us can speculate can't replace having the actual technicians with a direct line to Ford troubleshooting it and fixing it under warranty.
Thanks... taking car in this morning and I've printed out all these Club replies and some other older ones that may help the Tech to take with me...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
definitely something to go to the dealer with. A plug in vehicle isn't very user friendly if you can only charge one place
Thanks... taking car in this morning and I've printed out all these Club replies and some other older ones that may help the Tech to take with me...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had the same problem for the last three months. The dealer has no clue. We ordered a new charger which took a month but it did not come with the 220 outlet so now they have to order that separately. My 110 charges at 4-5 miles per hour. It used to charge at 10 mph. I had electrician over and he said everything is ok. I still think it is the car and not the charger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have had the same problem for the last three months. The dealer has no clue. We ordered a new charger which took a month but it did not come with the 220 outlet so now they have to order that separately. My 110 charges at 4-5 miles per hour. It used to charge at 10 mph. I had electrician over and he said everything is ok. I still think it is the car and not the charger.
Took mine in today... I am hoping it's a software issue... I'll post what I find out, if anything, when I hear back from dealer...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took mine in today... I am hoping it's a software issue... I'll post what I find out, if anything, when I hear back from dealer...
Ordered a new charge port for the car and installed a couple of updates... waiting on part to arrive... we will see...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ordered a new charge port for the car and installed a couple of updates... waiting on part to arrive... we will see...
It took a month to get my new charger. The only problem was that it did not come with the 220 port so they had to order that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts