Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this has been answered somewhere already, I searched but failed to find it:

I'm looking for the exact measurements of the charging port location, both the distance from the front of the car and the height from the ground. Can anyone point me to this info, or does someone have a measuring tape handy? I'm preparing for delivery of my '22 ER AWD Premium and I'm trying to figure out the best location in my garage for the EVSE.

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2021 ME FE Grabber Blue
431 Posts
My apologies if this has been answered somewhere already, I searched but failed to find it:

I'm looking for the exact measurements of the charging port location, both the distance from the front of the car and the height from the ground. Can anyone point me to this info, or does someone have a measuring tape handy? I'm preparing for delivery of my '22 ER AWD Premium and I'm trying to figure out the best location in my garage for the EVSE.

Many thanks in advance!
I have a 21 First Edition. Not sure if any dimensions have changed in the 22.
To the center of the closed charge port door. 34.75” from floor. 47.0” from front license plate. Should get you very close.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts

Many thanks in advance!
just in case you haven't seen it, this sheet has info about charger setup from ford. Home_Install_Spec_Sheet_0831_FINAL.pdf

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
46 Posts
Most chargers come with 20 foot cords, so the location of the charger doesn’t need to be exact. You really need to look at your garage or area where you are parking/charging. Ideally, you want to be able to back in to the spot, should you ever need towing, and the charge port door sticks out about 10 inches from the car, which is easy for people not paying attention to walk into (a hazard in my house!). And get a real charger, don’t plan on using the travel charger Ford gives you. I recommend Wallbox, which I love, but there are plenty to choose from and posts about them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most chargers come with 20 foot cords, so the location of the charger doesn’t need to be exact. You really need to look at your garage or area where you are parking/charging. Ideally, you want to be able to back in to the spot, should you ever need towing, and the charge port door sticks out about 10 inches from the car, which is easy for people not paying attention to walk into (a hazard in my house!). And get a real charger, don’t plan on using the travel charger Ford gives you. I recommend Wallbox, which I love, but there are plenty to choose from and posts about them.
Thanks for the advice! Already have the Wallbox charger on order, so I guess great minds think alike!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts