Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I now have 34500 miles on my 21 RWD ER and I run a Grizzle-e charger. It all has worked great for a year and a half but this past weekend I got a charging station fault when I plugged in Sunday morning after a drive, tried like 5 times , even unplugged the charger and replugged in. Same thing. Went to a Chargepoint and got it twice then it worked. Sunday night on the normal charge it worked fine, but today I woke up and it was set to charge to 90% and it was only at 87% (it started the night at like 55%), so it had charged but had then had a charge station fault. I do not know if the fault came during the charge or if it charged all the way then when preconditioning started it faulted then.
So what has everyones experience been, do I have a bad charger or bad charger on the car?
My plan at this point is to charge as soon as I get home even though it is more expensive to see if it will work as my wife has to take it to the airport tomorrow to pick up family (125 miles away which also means she gets to charge at the airport but I planned on charging to 100% tonight) After the airport run if I get the error again, or even tonight if it faults before finishing I will then switch to the Ford included charger which will give me a better idea if it is the car or the charger. I am leaning to the car as the Grizzle-e is a no frills heavy duty charger

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On the same note, the dealer can only see me next week and i am currently just under the 36k mark. does the EV warrenty that goes to 8years or 100k cover the charging portion of the car or only the battery?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've been getting a charging fault with my juicebox for the last couple of months every so often but the car is charging so I just press ok and move on. I think there is something causing this in the contactor update.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine will stop charging when it happens, I did end up reading through the warrenty book and it seems I am ok as the charging system is included in the 8 yr/100k part!! it will go to the shop next Wed, but I will try the other charger after tomorrow if it happens again today

·
Registered
110 Posts
There is a thread on "the other forum" concerning Charge Station Fault when using the Grizzl-E brand from a certain production period. It can also occur with other chargers. The issue seems to be the fit of the plug connection.

I have a Grizzl=E and it works fine on my Kia EV6 and used to work fine on my Mach E until it went into the dealer black hole.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
latest update is that it appears that my Grizzle is the isue, again last night it faulted as soon as I connected, so I unplugged and plugged in the Ford unit and it worked fine. I spoke with Grizzl-e today and will fill out a tech support form tonight!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts