Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current charging times on a 110 is 4-5 miles per hour. It used to be 10. With the 220 it was 20 miles per hour. The 220 charging cord blew so I had to get a whole new charging system for my garage. I still don't have the 220 plug. Even the new charger is only producing 4-5 miles per hour. It takes forever to charge the car in my garage. I have taken it to the dealer a couple of times with no luck.
How long does it take you to charge your vehicle in miles per hour in your garage on the 110? 220?? I believe their is a problem in the vehicle itself and not the new charger. I did have an electrician check both outlets.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My current charging times on a 110 is 4-5 miles per hour. It used to be 10. With the 220 it was 20 miles per hour. The 220 charging cord blew so I had to get a whole new charging system for my garage. I still don't have the 220 plug. Even the new charger is only producing 4-5 miles per hour. It takes forever to charge the car in my garage. I have taken it to the dealer a couple of times with no luck.
How long does it take you to charge your vehicle in miles per hour in your garage on the 110? 220?? I believe their is a problem in the vehicle itself and not the new charger. I did have an electrician check both outlets.
You should never get 10mph on 120v. 3 maybe 4 if you’re lucky. And with 220v about 20 or 21mph. My question is how did you use a 220v charger without the outlet? Was it hardwired?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should never get 10mph on 120v. 3 maybe 4 if you’re lucky. And with 220v about 20 or 21mph. My question is how did you use a 220v charger without the outlet? Was it hardwired?
I had a separate 220 outlet put into my new house in anticipation of an electric vehicle. I am waiting on the 220 plug in for the charger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
While 120v vs 240v is part of the equation, the other part of the equation is amperage. If you had a 20amp circuit and an EVSE that could draw the 16 amps (limited to 80% of circuit limit for EV charging), you'd be putting about 1.92 kw of charge every hour. But you'd need an EVSE to do that, as the mobile charging cord is limited to 15 amp to my knowledge (12 amps useable). It is conceivable that if you had an EVSE that blew, that it was on a 20 amp circuit earlier and was set to allow 16 amps of draw, which could come close to 10 miles if you're an unbelievably efficient driver.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
While 120v vs 240v is part of the equation, the other part of the equation is amperage. If you had a 20amp circuit and an EVSE that could draw the 16 amps (limited to 80% of circuit limit for EV charging), you'd be putting about 1.92 kw of charge every hour. But you'd need an EVSE to do that, as the mobile charging cord is limited to 15 amp to my knowledge (12 amps useable). It is conceivable that if you had an EVSE that blew, that it was on a 20 amp circuit earlier and was set to allow 16 amps of draw, which could come close to 10 miles if you're an unbelievably efficient driver.
the 240 v portable evse is rated at 32 amps.(although this link says it's actual 30 amps) 12 amps is the spec for the 120v Ford Mustang Mach-E Home Charging Tips

·
Registered
4 Posts
the 240 v portable evse is rated at 32 amps.(although this link says it's actual 30 amps) 12 amps is the spec for the 120v Ford Mustang Mach-E Home Charging Tips
Yes, I knew the figures for 240v (that's what I use), but I was just trying to guess based on OP's claim of 10 miles/hour charging at 120v. You're confirming my suspicion that the 120v connector only charges at 12amps, meaning he would have had to have had a different charging cord or an EVSE if he really was getting anywhere close to 10 miles/hour of charging at that voltage.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yes, I knew the figures for 240v (that's what I use), but I was just trying to guess based on OP's claim of 10 miles/hour charging at 120v. You're confirming my suspicion that the 120v connector only charges at 12amps, meaning he would have had to have had a different charging cord or an EVSE if he really was getting anywhere close to 10 miles/hour of charging at that voltage.
yeah the 120v spec by ford say about 3 mph as I recall

1 - 7 of 7 Posts