Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard about a possible Wi-Fi charging concept for the Mach-E ?

Mine is set for 1.18.21 build. Thanks. Jolly Roger

·
Super Moderator
1,847 Posts

Same build week!

This seems like a cool idea, and I know the industry is looking into this. I haven’t heard of anything on the MMe, though.

If Ford is looking into wireless charging, its not on this years model. The industry is very much into this. No cables, just pull into a spot with the charging pad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,131 Posts
No, I meant for the car... maybe I was dreaming... but I thought I saw a picture (can't find the post right now) of a device that was on the floor to take care of charging. At the time, it did not seem possible to me. Thanks. Roger
BMW introduced that several years ago: there was a mat on the garage floor and you drove over it.

Do know how it worked out.

Suggest you google it and then let us know what you find out.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
No, I meant for the car... maybe I was dreaming... but I thought I saw a picture (can't find the post right now) of a device that was on the floor to take care of charging. At the time, it did not seem possible to me. Thanks. Roger
Wireless car charging is possible, and surprisingly efficient. Won't be available on the MachE, at least not initially.

Requires fairly accurate parking over the pad, and most likely will be commercially deployed first in places such as taxi waiting lines at airports, where a known location and a line of cars are parked, waiting for a fare.

But you might someday have it in your garage. It would be marginally more convenient that plugging in, as long as you always park in the same spot, but would like cost several thousand dollars...

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Volt, 2021 Mach-E Premium extended AWD
24 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Wireless car charging is possible, and surprisingly efficient. Won't be available on the MachE, at least not initially.

Requires fairly accurate parking over the pad, and most likely will be commercially deployed first in places such as taxi waiting lines at airports, where a known location and a line of cars are parked, waiting for a fare.

But you might someday have it in your garage. It would be marginally more convenient that plugging in, as long as you always park in the same spot, but would like cost several thousand dollars...
May not have to be that accurate. The implementation of this technology has been around for years. We're putting this in our new kitchen.

Ballpark placement will work but it'll probably cost a ton.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts