Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EA listened to us an finally moved to kWh-based pricing in 23 states so far.

"Electrify America has listened to feedback from electric vehicle owners, potential customers, and longtime industry advocates. As a result we have developed a new pricing structure that is fair, consistent, and recognizes the increasing customer demand for kilowatt-hour pricing. With the new pricing, we deliver a simplified charging experience that shows new and existing customers how easy it is to own an EV. "

more

·
Registered
15 Posts
It’s way better for the pay by the minute states but a mixed bag in the pay per kWh states.

Take the Bolt EV. In 30 min the Bolt can take in 27 kWH. Yesterday that would cost $5.40 at $0.18/min. Today in the minute based states that dropped to $3.60. In the other stated it jumped to $9.68. And it’s that prices in states with low power rates like WA and in expensive states like CA. I don’t get it.
If I was running EA I’d keep the three tiers and let people choose which “octane” they want.

Up to 50 kW. $0.15 a kWh
Up to 150 kW. $0.30 a kWh
Up to 350 kW $0.40 a kWh

This way you could choose the lower more adorable rate if you have the time. It avoids the Nero/Kona rip off rates we had while also requiring the Taycans of the world to pay more for those expensive peak Amps.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@tbier I completely agree. Its going to be chaotic for a number of years as the EV market establishes itself and that's the best solution right now.

At least they seem to be listening to consumers. So who knows, we might see this implemented.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts