Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EV sales in China have rebounded significantly in March 2020 compared to February's 65% drop.

February sales were down by 65% year-over-year to exactly 14,693 plug-in electric cars sold:

BEST-SELLING ELECTRIC CARS IN CHINA - FEBRUARY 2020
plug-in-electric-car-sales-in-china-february-2020.jpg

plug-in-electric-car-sales-in-china-february-2020-chart.png

March seen a massive rebound to 59,637 electric-vehicles sold with the Tesla Model 3 making up 13% of that. EV's from China's own BYD, BAIC, and GAC follow right behind the Tesla. I expect to see Ford somewhere among these ranks as Mustang Mach-E sales in China kick off and help them rebound from the recent 35% drop in sales.

BEST-SELLING ELECTRIC CARS IN CHINA - MARCH 2020
plug-in-electric-car-sales-in-china-march-2020.jpg

plug-in-electric-car-sales-in-china-march-2020-chart.png

·
Registered
8 Posts
Byton Chinese EV car manufacture has suspended operations & let employees go. One less EV manufacture in the world.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I certainly saw it coming. Those Chinese EV companies are all talk. Heck, even the legit Chinese automakers have a tough time trying to come here. There have been different Chinese automakers at the Detroit Auto Show for a decade now and despite all the promises, none have ever sold a car here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Faraday FF1 founder has gone bankrupt & is trying to emerge from Chapter 11. Faraday Future founder wraps up personal bankruptcy

Another EV manufacture I've been watching is Fisker ... a lot of "we'll release that info in 2012" on their website. But they're taking $250 reservations now. Fisker | Meet The Fisker Ocean, The World's Most Sustainable Vehicle | Fisker, Inc. I have a warm fuzzy on this one too. Lucid is has broken ground on a factory in Casa Grande AZ to build their car & expected to introduce it by Sept 9th via a "Online Event" ... they have a Billion dollars investment from a Saudi but don't know what direction this will end up going. The guy leading the company is a former Tesla engineer & they're going after the Tesla S. I don't know how long these guys will be around before they sale out to someone or just go bankrupt.

As nice as some of them look & unknown future of when they will be released I'm still leaning towards a Mach e.

Thoughts? Comments?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Fisker is always interesting. I'd trust them more than anyone else.

They did actually build the Karma a while back. It wasn't great... but it was real.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Faraday FF1 founder has gone bankrupt & is trying to emerge from Chapter 11. Faraday Future founder wraps up personal bankruptcy

Another EV manufacture I've been watching is Fisker ... a lot of "we'll release that info in 2012" on their website. But they're taking $250 reservations now. Fisker | Meet The Fisker Ocean, The World's Most Sustainable Vehicle | Fisker, Inc. I have a warm fuzzy on this one too. Lucid is has broken ground on a factory in Casa Grande AZ to build their car & expected to introduce it by Sept 9th via a "Online Event" ... they have a Billion dollars investment from a Saudi but don't know what direction this will end up going. The guy leading the company is a former Tesla engineer & they're going after the Tesla S. I don't know how long these guys will be around before they sale out to someone or just go bankrupt.

As nice as some of them look & unknown future of when they will be released I'm still leaning towards a Mach e.

Thoughts? Comments?
It's been remarkable to see Fisker still hanging around after so many ups and downs. The Ocean is a good looking SUV but who knows how it'll actually perform. One good thing they've been doing is promoting their leasing program. Which should be more appealing to people rather than financing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts