Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2018 Smart Electric, in winter time I use the heat seat and keep the cabin climate system to 18 Celsius. At -5 Celsius outside I loose about 15% of the battery pack, at -10 Celsius it is 35% and -25 Celsius it is 50%. I strongly recommend to take the heat seat a steering, the cabin climate is to keep the glass unfrosted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2018 Smart Electric, in winter time I use the heat seat and keep the cabin climate system to 18 Celsius. At -5 Celsius outside I loose about 15% of the battery pack, at -10 Celsius it is 35% and -25 Celsius it is 50%. I strongly recommend to take the heat seat a steering, the cabin climate is to keep the glass unfrosted.
Good numbers for us cold region folks to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
With my ‘18 Fusion (regular) hybrid, when temps are between 40-75°F my mileage exceeds EPA numbers in normal driving. Above or below that, MPG starts to degrade in tandem as temps get extreme. We have the full four seasons in NJ, almost matching new EPA testing parameters*. My same commute I have seen worst 36 mpg (below 30°, over 90°F), best 58 mpg (spring/fall sweet-spot). Rated at 44 City/41 Hwy, my 20,000 mile avg 42.9.

i’m hoping the EPA dynamic experienced with full EV is no worse, where I will be close or above the expected rating.

*EPA Testing and Labeling FAQ

·
Registered
35 Posts
My PHEV Suv uses about upto 4.5 kwh when preheating. In driving at about 0 Ceclius it needs up to 20-30 minutes to preheat decent and then it uses about 3 kwh while driving (inside temperature at 21 degrees celcius) These numbers are not exact.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts