Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning was my first commute into NYC from NJ with my Mach-E.

I just drove into the City as I have every day for the past two decades. Same ol’city traffic, same speed zones, same moon-crater pavement. It was just like every other day before COVID.

When I arrived at work, the ‘This Trip’ screen said I had achieved 3.5miles/kWh. I thought to myself ‘yeah, sure. Something’s off. It was even a cold start with no preconditioning.”

I paid more attention driving home. I again drove as I have with every other car I’ve taken this journey in. No hyper/mile practices, just non road-rage mode (which is difficult being constantly tempted by all the power under my foot)

When I pulled into my driveway, i looked at the ’This Trip’ screen. To my surprise, it was 3.7 miles/kWh. The temperature was just slightly warmer by 5°F. The 19 mile trip only decreased the GOM by 5 miles.

I have a full week of commuting ahead of me, in about two weeks. I will document the ‘This Trip’ data to see what the week averages are as a daily driver.

I also plan on taking two road trips this Spring and Summer to see how the mileage and functionality are for recreational driving.

I have a good feeling that the Mustang Mach-E will work out just fine.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,943 Posts
This morning was my first commute into NYC from NJ with my Mach-E.

I just drove into the City as I have every day for the past two decades. Same ol’city traffic, same speed zones, same moon-crater pavement. It was just like every other day before COVID.

When I arrived at work, the ‘This Trip’ screen said I had achieved 3.5miles/kWh. I thought to myself ‘yeah, sure. Something’s off. It was even a cold start with no preconditioning.”

I paid more attention driving home. I again drove as I have with every other car I’ve taken this journey in. No hyper/mile practices, just non road-rage mode (which is difficult being constantly tempted by all the power under my foot)

When I pulled into my driveway, i looked at the ’This Trip’ screen. To my surprise, it was 3.7 miles/kWh. The temperature was just slightly warmer by 5°F. The 19 mile trip only decreased the GOM by 5 miles.

View attachment 4665

I have a full week of commuting ahead of me, in about two weeks. I will document the ‘This Trip’ data to see what the week averages are as a daily driver.

I also plan on taking two road trips this Spring and Summer to see how the mileage and functionality are for recreational driving.

I have a good feeling that the Mustang Mach-E will work out just fine.
Perhaps a gtreat deal of regenerative braking because of stop and go heavy traffic?

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d say 15% heavy traffic, 30% moderate, 55% light/none. I will try to measure more accurately in my week analysis.

I had the car in engage mode, with one-pedal off. I find the need for constant accelerator tip-in to keep the vehicle in motion annoying, but to each their own. I think my years of commuting in Fusion Hybrids (since 2010) benefits me more than one-pedal here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts